Easter Bunny Rice Krispies Treats
These Easter Bunny Rice Krispies Treats are not only delicious but absolutely adorable! They are so festive and perfect as homemade treats in Easter baskets!
A FUN EASTER BUNNY TREAT
These Easter Bunny Rice Krispies Treats are super simple with minimal ingredients that you can serve at gatherings, make with the kids or wrapped up and stuck into those Easter baskets! They take a short amount of time to make and are just a super cute and fun dessert that adults and kids both will enjoy. If you love to make cute treats for your loved ones, and are looking for something new this year, you have to make this Easter Bunny Rice Krispies Treat recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
No of course not. If you prefer not to add the white chocolate and fuss with additional decorating you can just add the sprinkles to the mixture with the mini eggs. About ¼ cup will add lots of sprinkles to your treats.
Absolutely yes! You will not end up with many treats themselves, but you can make this is a 9×9-inch baking pan.
I just take a spoon and drizzle the white chocolate on top. Or you could also dip the side or bottom of the bunnies into the melted white chocolate then cover in sprinkles if you like!
Wrap them in cellophane bags with ribbon as an Easter treat for guests/kids. You could also pipe names in white chocolate on the treats and use them as edible place cards for Easter dinner!
Yes! If you want to switch up the flavor of these you can use Cocoa Krispies, Frosted Krispies, Cinnamon Spice and they even have a special one that is Peeps Marshmallow Krispies!
These can be stored in an airtight container where they will keep for up to 2 days. These can also be frozen. Wrap each treat in plastic wrap and then put in a freezer safe container. They will keep frozen for up to 3 months. To defrost: remove them to countertop allow them to come to room temperature.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- salted butter
- mini marshmallows
- vanilla extract
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Cadbury mini eggs
- white chocolate chips and pastel nonpareils for garnish, optional
HOW TO MAKE EASTER BUNNY RICE KRISPIES TREATS:
In a pot melt the butter over medium heat.
Once the butter has completely melted, stir in the mini marshmallows until melted through.
Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
Add in the cereal and mini eggs and mix all ingredients until evenly combined.
Butter a 9×13-inch baking dish and transfer the mixture to the pan. Press it down with a silicone spatula and smooth out the top to make it flat.
Allow the mixture to set for 30 minutes. Butter a bunny-shaped cookie cutter and cut out the shapes from the cereal mixture.
Place the cut treats back in the pan, on a tray or cookie sheet.
To decorate: melt a few tablespoons of white chocolate or chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Dip a spoon into the chocolate then drizzle over the Rice Krispies treats. While the chocolate is still warm, add some sprinkles and allow to set.
Once set you can enjoy the treats or package them up for gifting later.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES?
Easter Bunny Rice Krispies Treats
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup Cadbury mini eggs
- white chocolate chips (optional)
- pastel sprinkles (optional)
- In a large pot melt 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter has completely melted, stir in 4 cups mini marshmallows until melted through.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add in 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal and 1 cup Cadbury mini eggs and mix all ingredients until evenly combined.
- Butter a 9×13-inch baking dish and transfer the mixture to the pan. Press it down and smooth out the top to make it flat.
- Allow the mixture to set for about 30 minutes.
- Take a bunny-shaped cookie cutter (use butter or nonstick cooking spray on the bottom of the cutter so it doesn't stick) and cut out the shapes from the cereal mixture.
- Place the cut treats back in the pan, on a tray or cookie sheet.
- To decorate: melt a few Tablespoons of white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Take a spoon and dip into the melted chocolate then drizzle over the Rice Krispies treats.
- While the chocolate is still warm add some pastel sprinkles and allow to set.
- Once set, you can enjoy the treats or package them up for gifting later.
- Don’t throw out the leftover Rice Krispies after you cut out the bunny shapes. Decorate and enjoy those leftover shapes too!
- These can be frozen, see my tips above on how to do that.
- If you do not want to decorate just mix the sprinkles in with the chocolate eggs and cereal.
- These can be cut into squares if you cannot find a bunny cookie cutter.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.