A traditional treat turned nostalgic with these deliciously easy Circus Animal Krispies Treats. Fun, flavorful and simple.
KRISPIES TREATS WITH A FUN TWIST
We all love a good Rice Krispies Treat, right? They were one thing that I grew up eating and also the one recipe that I know like the back of my hand. I love giving traditional treats a little twist and these ended up being a huge hit! They take one of my favorite childhood cookies and mix them in with colorful sprinkles giving these some extra flavor and color. If you are looking for something that is quick, easy and fun (and so cute) then you have to make this Circus Animal Krispies Treats recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Yes! You absolutely can. Mini marshmallows or large marshmallows can be interchanged in this recipe. As long as the bag weighs 10 ounces you will be able to use them.
We frequently make them in a 8"x 8" or a 9"x 9" pan because sometimes we like them thicker. So any of the three sizes will work depending on how thick you want your Krispies Treats to be!
These are best the day they are made. However, you can store in the pan and cover tightly with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container or a ziptop bag. They should keep at room temperature for up 2-3 days.
Yes they can! If you want to make a double batch or have leftovers these can easily be frozen by cutting them into individual bars and wrapping them in plastic wrap and placing in a freezer bag. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let defrost on the countertop before serving.
Of course not! You can use all regular animal crackers or all circus animal crackers. I loved the flavor it added by mixing the two though.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- Rice Krispies cereal
- frosted animal crackers
- regular animal crackers
- unsalted butter
HOW TO MAKE CIRCUS ANIMAL KRISPIE TREATS:
Generously grease a 9x13 baking pan. Add cereal, 1 cup frosted animal crackers, and animal crackers to a large mixing bowl.
Stir until combined well.
Add butter and marshmallows to a saucepan, then heat over medium heat until melted.
Poor marshmallow mixture over the cereal mixture and stir until well coated.
Poor mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Top with remaining frosted animal crackers and the sprinkles. Press down firmly on the toppings.
Allow to cool completely then slice into 12-18 bars, then eat!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Circus Animal Krispies Treats
- 4 ½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 ½ cup frosted animal crackers/cookies divided
- 1 cup animal crackers
- 10 ounce bag marshmallows
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter cubed
- 2 Tablespoons colorful rounds sprinkles
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add rice krispies cereal, 1 cup of the frosted animal crackers, and all the animal crackers to a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter and marshmallows to a saucepan, then heat over medium heat until melted.
- Poor marshmallow mixture over the cereal mixture and stir until well coated.
- Poor mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Top with remaining frosted animal crackers and the sprinkles. Press down firmly on the toppings.
- Allow to cool then cut into 12-18 bars, then eat!
- You can use large for small marshmallows as long as the bag is 10 oz.
- These can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- If you want larger and thicker bars go with an 8"x 8" or 9"x 9" baking dish.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Leave a Reply