Momma’s Best Meatloaf – seriously!
Meatloaf really can taste good
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bread torn up into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon onion powder or 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup ketchup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (except ketchup).
- Spread mixture into an ungreased loaf pan or shape into a loaf on a sheet pan.
- Spread ketchup on top of meatloaf.
- Cook for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes (or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees).
- Let stand for 5 minutes and serve
This can be made in a loaf pan with the same cooking time.