Momma's Best Meatloaf recipe is full of flavor and is moist and scrumptious! It's simple to make and comes out perfect every time!
MOMMA'S BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST MEATLOAF:
- Use some meat that has fat. This is not the place for lean beef. Lean beef is more expensive and it can be dry because there is not much fat.
- I would not recommend ground turkey for this recipe.
- This meatloaf will seem a bit "wet" as you form it. Don't worry that is normal - I promise it will turn out great!
- I like the cubed breadslices for this but bread crumbs (about ½ cup) can be substituted for the bread slices.
- Want to fancy it up a bit? Add a little balsamic vinegar to the ketchup before topping the meatloaf.
This can be made in a loaf pan (with the same cooking time.) Cooking it on a sheet pan will help some of the fat spread away from the meat.
- I converted this same recipe for the INSTANT POT too!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
HOW TO MAKE MOMMA'S BEST MEATLOAF:
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY!
MOMMA'S BEST MEATLOAF
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bread torn up into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon onion powder or ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup ketchup
- Heat oven to 350F degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (except ketchup.)
- Spread mixture into an ungreased loaf pan or shape into a loaf on a sheet pan.
- Spread ketchup evenly on top of meatloaf.
- Cook for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes (or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees).
- Let stand for 5 minutes and serve
Originally published: August 2011
Updated & republished: December 2019