Momma’s Best Meatloaf recipe is full of flavor and is moist and scrumptious! It’s simple to make and comes out perfect every time!
MOMMA’S BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST MEATLOAF:
- Use some meat that has fat. This is not the place for lean beef. Lean beef is more expensive and it can be dry because there is not much fat.
- I would not recommend ground turkey for this recipe.
- This meatloaf will seem a bit “wet” as you form it. Don’t worry that is normal – I promise it will turn out great!
- I like the cubed breadslices for this but bread crumbs (about 1/2 cup) can be substituted for the bread slices.
- Want to fancy it up a bit? Add a little balsamic vinegar to the ketchup before topping the meatloaf.
This can be made in a loaf pan (with the same cooking time.) Cooking it on a sheet pan will help some of the fat spread away from the meat.
HOW TO MAKE MOMMA’S BEST MEATLOAF:
Originally published: August 2011
Updated & republished: December 2019
MOMMA'S BEST MEATLOAF
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bread torn up into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon onion powder or 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup ketchup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (except ketchup).
- Spread mixture into an ungreased loaf pan or shape into a loaf on a sheet pan.
- Spread ketchup on top of meatloaf.
- Cook for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes (or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees).
- Let stand for 5 minutes and serve