This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.
Mozarella Stuffed BBQ Meatloaf
I know what you’re thinking – barbecue flavored food is just for the summer. Right? Well, I am here to tell you (and show you) that those flavors of summer can last through winter when combined with some good ole comfort food! This recipe for Mozzarella Stuffed BBQ Meatloaf is gonna knock your socks off!
KC Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce
These little meatloaves are little flavor bombs. I am using one of my favorite bottled barbecue sauces, KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce, to season these mini meatloaves and also to glaze them. You might remember that I like to use this sauce for my Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs! Then, if that wasn’t enough, I stuffed them with gooey, gooey mozzarella cheese. And you won’t believe how easy it is to make!
I’ve never made individual meatloaves before but I think I prefer to make it this way now. Everyone gets their own little meatloaf that is perfectly cooked. I served them with mashed potatoes and cooked carrots. Don’t forget to put a little extra KC Masterpiece® on the side for extra dipping!
1 lb. lean (93%) ground beef
1 packet onion soup mix
1 large egg, beaten
1/3 cup milk
7 crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce, divided use
2 sticks mozarella string cheese, cut in half
Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
In a bowl, combine lean ground beef, onion soup mix, egg, milk, crackers and two tablespoons KC Masterpiece® Classic Barbecue Sauce. Cook’s Note: I find it easiest just to use my clean hands for this.
- 1 lb. lean (93%) ground beef
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 7 crackers (about 1/2 cup), crushed
- 1/2 cup KC Masterpiece Classic Barbecue Sauce, divided use
- 2 sticks mozarella string cheese, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, combine lean ground beef, onion soup mix, egg, milk, crackers and two tablespoons KC Masterpiece Classic Barbecue Sauce.
Divide the meat mixture up into four even sections.
- Take one section and add one piece of the cut string cheese into the center of the meat.
- Wrap the meat around all sides of the cheese until it is completely covered. Place on prepared baking sheet. Continue with the other three meatloafs.
Pour remaining KC Masterpiece Classic Barbecue Sauce on top of each meatloaf. Spread it out with the back of a spoon to cover.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes (until ground beef reaches an internal temperature of 160f degrees.)