We got a winner!
Creamy and delicious
Crock Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 4 lbs potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 2 14 oz cans chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half and half
- Garnish: shredded cheddar cheese, cooked and crumbled bacon, sliced green onions
- Layer cubed potatoes in a lightly greased 5-quart slow cooker.
- Top with chopped onion, garlic and celery (if using).
- Add chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Broth will not completely cover potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash mixture with a potato masher. (Don't mash completely, leave some potato chunks.)
- Stir in half and half.
- Cover and cook on high setting 20 more minutes, or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with favorite toppings.
If you really want to cut down on some of the chopping, try using a bag of Southern Style frozen hash browns (by Ore-Ida, they are cubed shaped potatoes).
Disclosure: Affiliate links are contained in this post.