If you love enchiladas (but don’t love all the work) then you have to try these Lazy Chicken Enchiladas! All the flavor, but so much easier!
AN EASY ENCHILADA DINNER RECIPE
We love enchiladas around here: Red Sauce Chicken Enchiladas, Shrimp Enchiladas, Swiss Enchiladas, Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas or Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas – we love it all! But some nights we like a little break even so we make these easy and tasty Lazy Chicken Enchiladas. It cuts down on the work as everything is layered in one pan but you still get all the same flavor you’d expect from enchiladas. The perfect quick and easy weeknight meal that you will fall in love with! So if you want all the flavor without the work, you need to try this Lazy Chicken Enchilada recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Yes! You can substitute two (15 ounce) cans of black beans for the chicken. Or if you want beans and chicken in the recipe you could use one (15 ounce) can of beans and 1 ½ cups shredded chicken.
Yes. Just substitute 3 cups of cooked ground beef. You don’t need to change anything else.
No you can easily swap out the salsa with enchilada sauce using 3 (10 ounce) cans for this recipe.
It only has a little bit of heat. If you think it may be too spicy for you, you could leave out the green chilis, make sure to use mild salsa, and use cheddar cheese to replace the pepper jack cheese.
You could tear up corn or flour tortillas if you don’t have or don’t want to use tortilla chips.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- enchilada sauce
- green chiles
- frozen corn
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- cheddar cheese
- pepper jack cheese
- green onions, optional
- tomatoes, optional
HOW TO MAKE LAZY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS:
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Stir together the 1 cup enchilada sauce, drained green chilis, salsa, thawed corn, cumin, salt, and pepper.
Add in the chicken, then sour cream.
Mix together until well combined.
Break up the tortilla chips a bit then fold them in with the rest of the ingredients.
Spread the mixture into the baking pan.
Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce.
Top with the shredded cheeses.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve with sour cream, green onions and tomatoes and enjoy!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES?
Lazy Chicken Enchiladas
- 19 ounce can of enchilada sauce (divided into 1 cup and ¼ cup – will have some left over)
- 4 ounce can of green chiles drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 bag of tortilla chips (about an 11-ounce bag)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Optional garnishes: sour cream, green onions, chopped tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Stir together the 1 cup enchilada sauce, drained green chilis, salsa, thawed corn, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in the chicken, then sour cream.
- Break up the tortilla chips a bit then fold them in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread the mixture into the baking pan.
- Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Top with the shredded cheeses.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Beef can be substituted for the chicken in this recipe.
- If you don’t like tortilla chips you can also use corn tortillas or regular tortillas torn up.
- You can use your favorite cheese mixture if you’d like, a Mexican blend works great!
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.