These Easy Orange Rolls are made with frozen yeast rolls, topped with fresh orange zest and covered in a delicious orange glaze!
A CITRUS INSPIRED BREAKFAST ROLL
Today I'm bringing you one of my favorite recipes to make on the weekend: Easy Orange Rolls! These Orange Rolls are seriously delectable. I don't know if it's the tender dough, or the delicious orange, sweet and buttery topping, these rolls are always a hit.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE ORANGE ROLLS:
- You can find frozen remade yeast rolls in the freezer section of your grocery store (usually near other frozen breads.)
- The only thing you really have to plan for here is the time it takes for the frozen dough to rise. If you look on the back of the frozen roll package, there will be several options to thaw. I like to do the overnight thawing so I can make them as soon as I wake up in the morning.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- Rhodes frozen yeast rolls
- unsalted butter
- powdered sugar
- fresh orange juice
HOW TO MAKE EASY ORANGE ROLLS:
Place frozen rolls in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover with greased plastic wrap and let thaw according to package directions.
This usually takes 4 to 5 hours depending on the temperature in your kitchen. You can even thaw them in the refrigerator overnight (my preferred method.)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Pour melted butter evenly over the tops of thawed rolls. In a small bowl, mix together the orange zest and sugar.
Spread sugar mixture evenly over the buttery tops of rolls.
Bake, uncovered, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before glazing. While rolls are baking, whisk together all the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
Pour glaze all over rolls. Serve warm!
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY!
EASY ORANGE ROLLS
For the rolls:
- 12 frozen Rhodes dinner rolls
- ⅓ cup melted unsalted butter
- zest of 1 orange
- ½ cup sugar
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoon milk
For the rolls:
- Place frozen rolls in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap and let thaw according to package directions. (This usually takes 4 to 5 hours depending on the temperature in your kitchen.
- When ready, preheat oven to 350° F.
- Pour melted butter evenly over the tops of thawed rolls.
- In a small bowl, mix together the orange zest and sugar.
- Pour sugar mixture evenly over the buttery tops of rolls
- Bake, uncovered, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before glazing.
For the glaze:
- While rolls are baking, whisk together all the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour glaze all over rolls. Then serve.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: March 2015
Updated and republished: October 2019