Fluffy French Toast
Pancakes plus French Toast = Fluffy French Toast
Basically what we are doing here is making a pancake batter and dipping the french toast in it. So these are kinda like pancakes and French toast all in one. You get a thin, fluffy pancake enveloping thick cinnamon French toast. YUM!
Bupper? Brinner? Linner?
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
12 slices Texas Toast Bread (thick sliced bread)
In an 8×8 square dish, or a wide bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (milk, eggs and vanilla extract).
Mix together the wet and dry ingredients. Whisk vigorously.
Then place coated bread immediately onto the pre-heated skillet.
Flip when browned and brown the other side.
Once both sides are golden brown, they are done! Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar.
And drizzle on some fresh maple syrup. Look at that thick, fluffy french toast. No sogginess!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 slices Texas Toast bread thick sliced bread
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.)
- Stir together well.
In an 8 x 8 square dish, or wide bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (milk, eggs and vanilla extract.)
Add dry ingredients and wet ingredients together and whisk vigorously.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Begin dipping bread slices into the batter.
- Dip one side of the bread, flip it over and dip the other.
- Let excess batter drip off then place coated bread immediately onto the pre-heated skillet.
- Flip when browned and then brown the other side. About 4-5 minutes per side.
Sprinkle finished French toast with a dusting of powdered sugar and drizzle on fresh maple syrup.