Pecan Praline French Toast is an easy breakfast casserole made with sliced French bread baked in a decadent brown sugar pecan topping.
PECAN PRALINE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
On the weekends I like to make a big breakfast. But I also want to enjoy my family and not be in the kitchen the whole morning cooking and cleaning up. So, one of my favorite make-ahead breakfast recipes is this Pecan Praline French Toast. I mean, let’s be honest, this ain’t diet food. It’s a super yummy, special occasion or weekend breakfast. It comes out tender in the middle, a little crunch on the edges, but no mushiness.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
French bread loaf
light brown sugar
HOW TO MAKE PECAN PRALINE FRENCH TOAST:
Spray a 9×13 baking dish lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Cut French bread into 10 slices. Each slice should be about 1-inch thick.
In a bowl, combine brown sugar, melted butter and maple syrup. Spread this mixture into the bottom of your baking dish. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the brown sugar mixture. Arrange bread slices on top of pecan layer. It’s important that your pieces of bread lay flat and do not overlap.
- 1 16 oz French bread loaf
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk 2% or higher
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut French bread into 10 slices.
- Each slice should be about 1-inch thick.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, melted butter and maple syrup.
- Spread this mixture into the bottom of your baking dish.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the brown sugar mixture.
- Arrange bread slices on top of pecan layer.
- It's important that your pieces of bread lay flat and do not overlap.
- Next, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- You want to make sure the eggs and milk are combined well.
- You can whisk it for several minutes or use your handheld mixer to ensure that it is mixed really well. Pour the egg mixture evenly over bread layer.
- Next, cover with a layer of aluminum foil.
- Then pop it in the fridge overnight (for at least 8 hours).
- In the morning, preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Then bake the French toast for 35-40 minutes.