(flipping them over so the praline side is on top) and serve!
Pecan Praline French Toast
- 1 16 oz French bread loaf
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 Eggland's Best eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk 2% or higher
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut French bread into 10 slices.
- Each slice should be about 1-inch thick.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, melted butter and maple syrup.
- Spread this mixture into the bottom of your baking dish.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the brown sugar mixture.
- Arrange bread slices on top of pecan layer.
- It's important that your pieces of bread lay flat and do not overlap.
- Next, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- You want to make sure the eggs and milk are combined well.
- You can whisk it for several minutes or use your handheld mixer to ensure that it is mixed really well. Pour the egg mixture evenly over bread layer.
- Next, cover with a layer of aluminum foil.
- Then pop it in the fridge overnight (for at least 8 hours).
- In the morning, preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Then bake the French toast for 35-40 minutes.
For crispier French toast, bake it uncovered the entire time. For softer French toast, bake it covered the entire baking time. Once it's finished, you just scoop up the slices (flipping them over so the praline side is on top) and serve!