These easy homemade Sheet Pan Pancakes make breakfast a breeze. Just a few ingredients and you can feed the whole family in 15 minutes!
A TIME SAVING BREAKFAST RECIPE
Pancakes are my family's favorite breakfast food. What I don't love is having to make them all individually. Sometimes we just want to get good food on the table and not put a whole lot of effort into a recipe. Well that problem is solved with these Sheet Pan Pancakes! Delicious pancake batter is mixed up and spread into a buttered sheet pan, baked, then cut into squares. Serve with your favorite toppings. This is the perfect time-saving and tasty breakfast. They still come out so light and fluffy! If you are looking for a delicious recipe without all the hassle, then you have to try my Sheet Pan Pancake Recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I use a half sheet baking pan for this recipe - which roughly measures 18"x13"x1".
You can! However, you are going to need a pan with higher sides.
You can top them with any of your favorite pancake toppings such as maple syrup, butter, powdered sugar, fruit and more.
Absolutely! This is a great base recipe so feel free to add some of your favorite things. Some of our favorites are: chocolate chips, pecans, blueberries and raspberries.
Real buttermilk pancakes are the best so try to grab a small bottle next time you're at the grocery store. You could use whole milk as a substitute and add a little vinegar to create a fake buttermilk. I only use cow's milk so I don't know how nut milks or oat milk would work in this recipe.
These will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. They can also be frozen. Cut into squares and wrap individually in plastic wrap and then place in freezer bag. Let defrost in refrigerator or countertop. You can reheat in the microwave until heated through.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- salted butter
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
HOW TO MAKE SHEET PAN PANCAKES:
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Take 2 tablespoons of the butter and brush it all over a half sheet tray, set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth, set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
Stir together until just combined and there are no dry streaks.
Spread the mixture on the sheet tray in an even layer.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown on top.
Slice and serve immediately.
Top with your favorite toppings like powdered sugar, butter, and maple syrup.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- EASY DUTCH BABY PANCAKE
- PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST
- BISCUITS AND GRAVY CUPS
- THE BEST BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
- PANCAKE SAUSAGE MUFFINS
- CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKE MIX COFFEE CAKE
- PANCAKE PUPPIES
- ST. PATRICK'S GREEN PANCAKES
Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 8 tablespoons salted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Take 2 tablespoons of the butter and brush it all over a half sheet tray, set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the rest of the butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth, set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Stir together until just combined and there are no dry streaks.
- Spread the mixture on the sheet tray in an even layer.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Slice and serve immediately with your favorite toppings like powdered sugar, butter, and maple syrup.
- Toppings are not included in the nutritional value.
- These can be frozen, see my tips above.
- You can add any of your favorite toppings to this like syrup, whipped cream, powdered sugar, butter, fruit etc.
- Add any mix-in's you like such as nuts, fruit, chocolate chips, etc.
- This recipe will feed four people with 3 pancakes per serving.