Creamy Lemon Bars
These aren’t your normal soft, tart lemon bars (although I love those too.) These are more of a cookie-type bar. So you get that lemon-y crunch on the bottom and a smooth creamy topping that makes these really something special. If you are a lemon lover like me and my Momma – you need to try these!
Easy Creamy Lemon Bars
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 3 large eggs divided use
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg. It will look crumbly.
- Press this mixture into baking pan. It'll take a little time to do this but hang in there and keep on pressing.
- In the same mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add in the powdered sugar.
- Add in lemon juice and grated lemon peel and stir until smooth.
- Add the remaining two eggs and vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture.
- Beat this mixture until well blended (making sure to scrape down the sides of your mixing bowl as you stir).
- Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture (it will be your topping after bars are done cooking). Put it in the fridge until you need it.
- Pour remaining cream cheese mixture over cake mix base. Spread out until evenly coated.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Be careful not to overbake. You want the top to still be slightly soft-set.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Then take the 1/2 cup of reserved cream cheese mixture and pour over top of bars.
- Spread out evenly. Refrigerate until firm.
- Then cut into bars.