One of the things I keep stocked in my fridge is deli meat. My husband is so smitten with Butterball’s Deep Fried Turkey Breast. So moist. I love to have the folks at the deli counter slice it nice and thin. Pile it high on soft white bread with a bit of mayo…mmmmm. The Butterball line of deli meats is carried at my local Wal-Mart.
- 1/2 lb each Butterball Turkey and Ham Deli Meats sliced thinly at the deli counter
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese cut into cubes or slices
- handful green leafy lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- slices white and wheat bread cut thick
- honey mustard for dipping
- small wooden skewers toothpicks or lollipop sticks
- Cube the bread and cheese.
- The firmer the cheese, the harder it is to get on a toothpick.
- Softer cheeses like mozzarella, colby, brie and monterey jack all hold their shape well when sliding onto the stick.
- Then start sliding your bite sized pieces onto the stick.
- For younger kids, slice the cherry tomatoes in half. I start with a cube of bread, then tomato, lettuce, cheese, Butterball Deli Ham (folded in quarters), another piece of bread, Butterball Deli Turkey, then a final piece of bread. Boom, that's it.
- Pour some honey mustard into a small, lidded container for dipping.
- Be sure to pack it with a cold pack so it stays cool until lunchtime!
Feel free to toast the bread first if you like it a little more crunchy. Also, use your favorite cheeses here. I love mozzarella and monterey jack too!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Butterball. The opinions and text are all mine.