This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Eggland’s Best eggs. The opinions and text are all mine.
My Mom and Dad had a very simple but sweet first date. My Dad was a young guitar-playing yankee sailor from Wisconsin. My Mom was a blonde beach-going gal who was born in Alabama and living in Pensacola, Florida. My Mom was supposed to go out on a date with a friend of my Dad. That dude cancelled on my Mom so my Dad swooped in and took advantage of the situation. Being the dashing and suave man he was, he took her to McDonald’s for dinner. Big spender my Dad is. 😉For my parent’s anniversary a couple of years ago, I took photos of them and made them a canvas wall-hanging. Of course we had to throw in some funny photos…because that’s marriage, right? The bottom right photo was taken around their 15th anniversary.
So, I thought in honor of their first date, I would make a fun meal based on their very first romantic dinner at Mickey D’s. My folks are not fancy people by any means so I knew they would love this idea. Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole! Y’all, this turned out so good!
I used my favorite Eggland’s Best eggs to not only add flavor (and superior nutrition) but to make it really hold together into a delicious casserole. Speaking of Eggland’s Best eggs, they are celebrating an anniversary too! Eggland’s Best eggs is celebrating 25 years of providing the only egg with better taste, variety and better freshness. In total, Eggland’s Best has sold more than 30 billion nutritionally superior & better tasting eggs. That’s enough EB eggs to circle the earth 38 times! What?! Eggland’s Best has committed to continuously improving their eggs to ensure they remain the leader in nutrition, taste and freshness. Most recently, they announced that all EB eggs now have 6x more vitamin D than ordinary eggs and are an excellent source of vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) and vitamin B5.
Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole
So I am taking these delicious eggs and using them in this anniversary celebration meal. It turned out perfect! You could even keep this low carb by removing the french fries from the topping and it will still taste amazing! Happy Anniversary to my Mom and Dad, to me and my hubby, Gene, and to Eggland’s Best eggs! May we always keep getting better!
1 pound ground beef
salt and pepper
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
3 Eggland’s Best eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup half and half
2 cups shredded cheese
1/2 bag frozen french fries, any style
Spray a 2 quart (11 x 7) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350f degrees. In skillet, brown ground beef with onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain excess fat from the cooked ground beef. Mix the pickles into the ground beef.
Spoon the mixture into prepared dish.
Whisk together Eggland’s Best eggs, mayo and half and half.
Pour egg mixture over beef mixture.
Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese over beef mixture.
Season again with salt and pepper. Top with frozen french fries. Season french fries with salt, pepper and a sprinkling of garlic powder.
Bake for 35 minutes or until french fries are cooked and crispy. Note: Place dish under the broiler for a few minutes if you want your fries a bit more crispy. Top with remaining cup of shredded cheese. Return to the oven until cheese is melted.
Slice and serve topped with shredded lettuce and tomato.
Optional: Drizzle a little Thousand Island dressing on top or ketchup and mustard!
Dad’s specialty – S.O.S.
Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 3 Eggland's Best eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 bag frozen shoestring french fries
- garlic powder
- Optional toppings:
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- Thousand Island dressing
- Spray a 2 quart (11 x 7) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drain excess fat from the ground beef.
- Mix the pickles into the ground beef.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, mayo and half and half. Pour egg mixture over the beef mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese over beef mixture in pie pan and
- Season again with salt and pepper.
- Top with frozen french fries.
- Season french fries with salt, pepper and a sprinkling of garlic powder.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until french fries are crispy. Note: If you want your fries to be crispier, just place the dish under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Top with remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Return to the oven until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve topped with shredded lettuce and tomato.
- Optional: Drizzle a little Thousand Island dressing on top or ketchup and mustard!