Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole is layers of flavor with ground beef, frozen French fries and gooey, melted cheese. An All-American family favorite!
CHEESEBURGER AND FRIES CASSEROLE
This year is a pretty big one in our family anniversary celebrations. This month we celebrated my Mom and Dad's 45th wedding anniversary. And my husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary. That's a big deal, right? It's another year we still tolerate each other! Ha!
CHEESEBURGER AND FRIES?
My Mom and Dad had a very simple but sweet first date. My Dad was a young guitar-playing yankee sailor from Wisconsin. My Mom was a blonde beach-going gal who was born in Alabama and living in Pensacola, Florida. My Mom was supposed to go out on a date with a friend of my Dad. That dude cancelled on my Mom so my Dad swooped in and took advantage of the situation. Being the dashing and suave man he was, he took her to McDonald's for dinner. Big spender my Dad is. 😉
For my parent's anniversary a couple of years ago, I took photos of them and made them a canvas wall-hanging. Of course we had to throw in some funny photos...because that's marriage, right? The bottom right photo was taken around their 15th anniversary. So, I thought in honor of their first date, I would make a fun meal based on their very first romantic dinner at Mickey D's. My folks are not fancy people by any means so I knew they would love this idea. Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole! Y'all, this turned out so good!
CAN I USE ANY TYPE OF FRIES?
Absolutely! I like how the shoestring fries cooked up on this. But if you prefer crinkle fries or seasoned fries, then by all means use those. Don't like pickles? You can leave them out. Or perhaps you'd like to try something similar in a CROCK POT!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
salt and pepper
half and half
frozen french fries
Thousand Island dressing
HOW TO MAKE CHEESEBURGER AND FRIES CASSEROLE:
Spray a 2 quart (11 x 7) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350f degrees. In skillet, brown ground beef with onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain excess fat from the cooked ground beef. Mix the pickles into the ground beef.
Spoon the mixture into prepared dish.Whisk together eggs, mayo and half and half.
Pour egg mixture over beef mixture.
Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese over beef mixture.
Season again with salt and pepper. Top with frozen french fries. Season french fries with salt, pepper and a sprinkling of garlic powder.
Bake for 35 minutes or until french fries are cooked and crispy. Note: Place dish under the broiler for a few minutes if you want your fries a bit more crispy. Top with remaining cup of shredded cheese. Return to the oven until cheese is melted.
Slice and serve topped with shredded lettuce and tomato.
Optional: Drizzle a little Thousand Island dressing on top or ketchup and mustard!
WANT MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS? CHECK THESE OUT!
CHEESEBURGER AND FRIES CASSEROLE
FOR THE CASSEROLE:
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped dill pickle
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- ½ bag frozen shoestring french fries
- garlic powder
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- Thousand Island dressing
- Spray a 2 quart (11 x 7) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drain excess fat from the ground beef.
- Mix the pickles into the ground beef.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, mayo and half and half. Pour egg mixture over the beef mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese over beef mixture in pie pan and
- Season again with salt and pepper.
- Top with frozen french fries.
- Season french fries with salt, pepper and a sprinkling of garlic powder.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until french fries are crispy. Note: If you want your fries to be crispier, just place the dish under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Top with remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Return to the oven until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve topped with shredded lettuce and tomato.
- Optional: Drizzle a little Thousand Island dressing on top or ketchup and mustard!