Seeing how much I love the Oreo Pudding Poke Cake, I decided that the yellow cake needed some poking of it’s own. And well…one thing led to another. I think y’all are really gonna love this one.
Allow to cool on the counter for a few minutes, then put into the fridge to fully cool and set up. This cake needs to be kept refrigerated.This is one of those cakes that I think tastes better after it has sat in the fridge overnight. It really helps the pudding to settle in and blend all the flavors.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake; eggs oil and water
- 2 3.4 oz boxes instant vanilla or French vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
- Make cake mix according to directions and bake in a well-greased 9 x13 pan.
- When cake is finished, while still warm, poke holes all over cake (about 1-inch) intervals using a wooden spoon handle or other similar size object.
- You want the holes to be fairly big so that the pudding has plenty of room to get down in there.
- Be sure to poke right down to the bottom of the cake.
- In a bowl, prepare pudding.
- Whisk together instant pudding mix with 4 cups milk.
- Whisk until all the lumps are gone.
Pour pudding over cake. Taking care to pour it right into the holes as much as possible.
- Spread it all out and using the back of the spoon, gently push pudding down into the holes.
- Put the cake into the fridge to set and cool (about 2 hours).
- Remove the lid and foil covering from the tub of chocolate frosting.
- Pop it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
- Stir with a spoon.
- It should still be a little thick but pourable - not bubbly hot.
- Pour chocolate frosting on top of pudding.
- Spread frosting evenly over cake starting in the center then spreading it towards the sides.
- Allow to cool on the counter for a few minutes, then put into the fridge to fully cool and set up.
This cake needs to be kept refrigerated. This cake tastes better after it has sat in the fridge overnight.