This Baked Pork Chops and Rice recipe is home cooking at its best. Flavorful seasoned rice and onions baked with seasoned bone-in pork chops.
BAKED PORK CHOPS AND RICE
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS EASY DINNER MEAL:
- You don't want to use quick cooking rice for this recipe - it would turn out too gummy. You can substitute the white rice for brown if you prefer. I haven't tried it with cauliflower rice so I can't say how that would turn out.
- Make sure both sides of the pork chops are seasoned well with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- It's also important you get a good browning on these pork chops. Don't cook the pork chops all the way through. Get the skillet really hot and quickly brown each side. This adds a lot of flavor and color to the final dish!
- I like to serve this with some steamed broccoli as an additional side dish and maybe some FRENCH BREAD.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
HOW TO MAKE BAKED PORK CHOPS AND RICE:
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
CROCK POT PORK CHOPS AND POTATOES
THE BEST AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS
PORK CHOP HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
CROCK POT PORK CHOPS AND GRAVY
CROCK POT BBQ PORK CHOPS
OVEN BAKED BARBECUE PORK CHOPS
PAN FRIED PORK CHOPS
CROCK POT MISSISSIPPI PORK ROAST
THE BEST CROCK POT BBQ RIBS
BAKED PORK CHOPS AND RICE
- 3 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 ½ cups long grain rice
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- salt, pepper and garlic powder (to taste)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 3 ½ cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add in butter until it starts to melt, then add in rice along with celery and onion.
- Stir and cook until rice begins to brown slightly and onion and celery soften just a bit.
- Then put rice mixture into bottom of 9 x13 baking dish.
- Pour beef stock over rice.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce (if using).
- Using that same skillet, over high heat, add in a couple tbsp. vegetable oil.
- Season both sides of pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place 2 pork chops in skillet at a time and brown both sides.
- You aren't cooking them all the way through. You just want to get a nice brown color on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- Follow the same process for the last 2 pork chops.
- Place pork chops on top of rice mixture in baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Place in oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- The rice should be tender and the liquid absorbed and pork chops should be thoroughly cooked to 145F degrees.
Originally published: June 2013
Updated and republished: January 2021