These Campfire Apple Pie Packets are so simple to make with an apple, butter, cinnamon and brown sugar all baked up in foil! Easy and yummy!
CAMPFIRE APPLE PIE PACKETS
I am always thinking of fun things to make on the grill. One of my most requested recipes this time of year from y'all are things you can make on the grill or in your slow cooker.
TIPS FOR MAKING APPLE PIE PACKETS:
- I'm adding dried cranberries to this but you can leave those out, or use raisins. My other favorite ingredient to have (if I have them on hand) are some chopped pecans.
- This recipe is for one serving. So it's easy to take this recipe and make as many as you need for your crowd.
- This would be fun to set up as a baked apple bar. Set all the ingredients out for your guests and let them top with whatever they like and then grill them to order!
- I am making thee like fried apples so I keep the peel on but you can obviously peel your apples if you don't enjoy it that way.
CAN I MAKE THESE IN THE OVEN?
Keep in mind, any recipe that is made on the grill can also be made in the oven. Generally it can be baked at 350F on a baking sheet but you may have to play with the cooking times a bit. I would say about 15- 20 minutes. But this is a simple recipe to enjoy some sweetened fruit with your meal. Great for camp outs and BBQ's! My husband loves to open his packet and dig in. If you enjoy fried apples then you will love these! I think this goes really well with some PULLED PORK BBQ. Yum!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- dried cranberries or raisins
- chopped pecans or walnuts
HOW TO MAKE CAMPFIRE APPLE PIE PACKETS:
Preheat grill (to medium heat). Cut a 12x18-inch sheet of nonstick foil. Place apple slices (on the nonstick side of the foil) along with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and dried cranberries (if using). If you don't have nonstick foil, just put a little bit of nonstick spray on the foil to keep the apples from sticking while baking.
Wrap packet securely with double-fold seals, allowing for a bit of room for heat expansion.
Place packet on grill and cover and cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat. If using a charcoal grill, make sure your grate is set at least 4-6 inches above the charcoals.
Be careful removing from heat. I just use a grill-safe spatula and gently scoop up the packet and put it on a plate. Use caution when opening packets because there will be hot steam as you open them. We serve right in the packets. There will be juices on the bottom of the packet. Just gently stir your apples around a bit in those juices. And eat!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS? GIVE THESE A TRY!
CAMPFIRE APPLE PIE PACKETS
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries or raisins, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat grill (to medium heat). Cut a 12 x 18-inch sheet of nonstick foil.
- Place apple slices on foil along with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and dried cranberries.
- Wrap packet securely with double-fold seals, allowing for a bit of room for heat expansion.
- Place packet on grill; cover and cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Be careful when removing from the grill it will be very hot! Also, use caution when opening packets because there will be hot steam as you open them.
- We serve right in the packets. There will be juices on the bottom of the packet so gently stir the apples before taking a bite.
Originally published: June 2012
Updated & republished: August 2020