Campfire Apple Pie Packets
1 apple (whatever type you like, I used pink lady)
1 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tbsp. dried cranberries, raisins or chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 apple cored and sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries or raisins optional
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans optional
- Preheat grill (to medium heat)
- Cut a 12 x 18-inch sheet of nonstick foil.
- Place apple slices on foil along with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and dried cranberries.
- Wrap packet securely with double-fold seals, allowing for a bit of room for heat expansion.
- Place packet on grill; cover and cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Be careful when removing from the grill.
- I just use a grill-safe spatula and gently scoop up the packet and put it on a plate.
- Use caution when opening packets because there will be hot steam as you open them.
- We serve right in the packets.
- There will be juices on the bottom of the packet.
- Just gently stir your apples around a bit in those juices.
This would be fun to set up as a baked apple bar. Set all the ingredients out for your guests and let them top with whatever they like. This is delicious put into a bowl and a little ice cream served on top! I will take the extra juices from the foil packet and drizzle it over the ice cream.