Anyhow, where was I? Drop biscuits are one of the simplest forms of biscuits to make. You don’t have to roll out dough or even use a biscuit cutter. You just whip it up and scoop it out. And the White Lily Flour really does all the work. White Lily is made with a soft winter wheat and that is the key to it’s uniqueness.
I’m telling you, it truly makes all the difference. Once you feel it in your fingers and start working with it, you can truly feel the difference from anything else you’ve used before. It helps all your baked goods come out light and fluffy. It’s been the southern cooks’ secret for generations.
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
1 cup finely shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
3/4 cup real buttermilk
Stir in cheese and chives.
The easiest way to chop chives is to use scissors (clean scissors!). Gets it done fast!
Stir in buttermilk until dough comes together.
Add 2-3 tablespoons additional buttermilk if dough seems too dry.
Drop dough by scant 1/4 cup onto baking sheet. I like to use these spring loaded scoopers.
Bake 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
Cheddar & Chive Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups White Lily® All Purpose Wheat Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- 3/4 cup real buttermilk
- Heat oven to 450f degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray or cover with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl until blended.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender, fork or your fingers.
- Stir in cheese and chives.
- Stir in buttermilk until dough comes together.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons additional buttermilk if dough seems too dry.
- Drop dough by scant 1/4 cup onto baking sheet.
- Keep going with the rest of the biscuits.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe NotesServe warm.