Roasted Chicken Salad
- 2 in whole chicken breasts bone-in, with skin
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- olive oil
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup small red onion finely diced (about 1/4 )
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup red grapes cut in half (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- On a baking sheet, place chicken breasts skin side up.
- Drizzle them with a bit of olive oil and then sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cook for about 35-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Allow chicken to cool before continuing.
- Once chicken is cool, remove meat.
- You can save the bones and skin for chicken stock later, if you prefer.
- Cut the chicken up into bite size chunks.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, onion and salt & pepper.
- I usually add about 2 tsp. of salt and maybe a 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Add in diced chicken and stir.
- Serve on croissants, your favorite bread or just a bed of lettuce.
Over the years I've seen so many interesting and tasty ingredients being added to chicken salad. I still prefer the traditional chicken salad but I sometimes enjoy adding some red or green grapes or toasted pecans to add a little texture and variety (as You may also like to add in some apples or toasted walnuts.