This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company. All opinions and text are my own.
Warm Bacon Potato Salad
1/2 lb. (about 6 slices) bacon
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. course grain mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. dried dill
1 red onion, finely diced
salt & pepper, to taste
Microwave each tray (one at a time) for 5 minutes.
Now, add in the Little Potatoes that you cooked in the microwave.
Warm Bacon Potato SaladPrint Pin Rate
- 2 lbs Three Cheese Microwave-Ready Little Potatoes
- 1/2 lb bacon about 6 slices
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp course grain mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 red onion finely diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Remove tray of potatoes from the cardboard sleeves and remove the seasoning packets.
- Set those seasoning packets aside (we'll use those for the vinaigrette.)
- Microwave each tray (one at a time) for 5 minutes.
- In a large pan, begin cooking the slices of bacon.
- Once your bacon is done cooking, set it aside (but keep the bacon grease in the pan - we're going to use that again in a few minutes.)
- Crumble the bacon after it cools.
- Begin making the vinaigrette.
- In a medium bowl, combine the white wine vinegar, sugar, mustard, minced garlic and dill. Whisk together well.
- Then, whisk in the contents of both cheese seasoning packets that you removed earlier from the packages of Little Potatoes.
- Now, back to the large pan that you cooked the bacon in.
- Add in the diced red onions to the leftover bacon grease.
- Cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes until soft.
- Season with a bit of salt & pepper.
- Now, add in the Little Potatoes that you cooked in the microwave.
- Pour in the prepared vinaigrette and the crumbled bacon.
- Stir well and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- This will help thicken the vinaigrette slightly.