Ham and Potato Salad takes potato salad to another level! The most delicious creamy dressing, tender potatoes, cheese, tomatoes and green onions!
CREAMY HAM AND POTATO SALAD
What's better than ham salad? Ham salad with potatoes added! If there is one dish you need to make for your next gathering - it is this one! Folks are gonna rave over this one and everyone will want the recipe. This dressing recipe is like no other. It is creamy deliciousness and it stays creamy!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS HAM AND CHEESE POTATO SALAD
- For this recipe you'll want to use a good, smoky ham that is already fully cooked.
- The tomatoes are optional but they really add color and flavor to this side dish. You could also think about adding red peppers if you don't like the tomatoes.
- BONUS: you can make this the day before you need to serve it. It also gives the flavors time to come together.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
salt & pepper
fully cooked ham
Monterey Jack cheese
green onionsCook's Notes: tomatoes and chicken broth are not pictured here
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY HAM AND POTATO SALAD:
Slice potatoes in half, place them in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until fork tender. Drain well.Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, chicken broth, dijon mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper.
Add cooked potatoes to mayonnaise mixture and stir well.Then add ham and stir again.Finally, gently stir in cheese, tomato and green onions.Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.Stir before serving.Then dig in!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY
CROCK POT CREAMY POTATO AND HAM SOUP
THE BEST HAM SALAD
POTATO AND HAM FRIED RICE
BEST EVER POTATO SALAD
GREEK YOGURT DILL POTATO SALAD
HAWAIIAN STYLE MACARONI SALAD
FRENCH POTATO SALAD WITH HERB DRESSING
WARM BACON POTATO SALAD
HAM AND POTATO SALAD
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 8 oz block Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Slice potatoes in half, place them in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until fork tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, chicken broth, dijon mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked potatoes to mayonnaise mixture and stir well.
- Then add ham and stir again.
- Finally, gently stir in cheese, tomato and green onions.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Stir before serving.