This post is sponsored The Little Potato Co. All opinions are my own.
Salad with a twist
What’s better than ham salad? Ham salad with Little Potatoes added! If there is one dish you need to make for Memorial Day – it is this one! Folks are gonna rave over this one and everyone will want the recipe.
This dressing is ridiculous!
Seriously, this dressing recipe is like no other. It is creamy deliciousness and it stays creamy! No dry tater salad with this one! The flavors come together so well and the tender creaminess of these Chilean Splash Little Potatoes is just what this salad needed. They are so pretty too. I use them in my One Pan Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes meal. They’re a creamy yellow potato with a splash of purple. And you get a side of nutrition (potassium, iron, fiber and Vitamin C) in every serving!
For this recipe you’ll want to use a good, smoky ham that is already fully cooked. Also, the tomatoes are optional but they really add color and flavor to this side dish. You could also think about adding red peppers if you don’t like the tomatoes. And bonus: you can make this the day before you need to serve it. It also gives the flavors time to come together.
1.5 lbs Chilean Splash Little Potatoes
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chicken broth
3 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
1 (8 oz) block Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
1 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup sliced green onionsCook’s Notes: tomatoes and chicken broth are not pictured here
Slice Little Potatoes in half, place them in a large saucepan and cover with water. Aren’t these Chilean Splash potatoes purdy?Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until fork tender. Drain well.Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, chicken broth, dijon mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper.
Add cooked Little Potatoes to mayonnaise mixture and stir well.Then add ham and stir again.Finally, gently stir in cheese, tomato and green onions.Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.Stir before serving.Then dig in!Enjoy!
Potato and Ham SaladPrint Pin Rate
- 1.5 lbs Chilean Splash Little Potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 8 oz block Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Slice Little Potatoes in half, place them in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until fork tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, chicken broth, dijon mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked Little Potatoes to mayonnaise mixture and stir well.
- Then add ham and stir again.
- Finally, gently stir in cheese, tomato and green onions.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Stir before serving.