This Velveeta Fudge may sound strange but it is a tried and true fudge recipe. It is a delicious and super creamy chocolate fudge with walnuts!
A SECRET INGREDIENT FUDGE
The first thing that you probably think of when you hear about Velveeta Fudge is that there is no way that it doesn’t taste like like processed cheese. The beauty of this fudge is that it does not! If no one knew that Velveeta was added to this recipe, they wouldn’t even be able to tell. The texture of Velveeta actually helps this fudge become creamy. If I don’t make this every year for friends and family, there is a revolt! Everyone who I have served it to (knowing about the Velveeta or not) loves it and is always so eager for the recipe. So if you are looking for a delicious recipe to intrigue your guests, then you need to make this Velveeta Fudge recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
No. If you don’t like or don’t want to use Velveeta then this recipe is not for you. Regular cheese won’t work. It doesn’t melt and incorporate the same way, so do not substitute. It won’t work with this particular recipe. However, you can actually make your own Homemade Velveeta.
I prefer to use an unsweetened chocolate bar since there is powdered sugar added and I don’t want it to be overly sweet.
At least 3 hours (in the refrigerator). You just can’t rush when making fudge.
You can use other nuts such as walnuts or almonds. Or you can leave them out completely.
Yes fudge can be frozen. Place in a freezer container or freezer-safe ziptop bag and it will last in the freezer for up to 2 months. Let defrost in the refrigerator. If not freezing, fudge can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week or in the refrigerator for two weeks.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- Velveeta processed cheese (full fat – not the 2%)
- salted butter
- unsweetened chocolate squares
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE VELVEETA FUDGE:
In a medium microwave safe bowl melt together the Velveeta, butter and chocolate in 30 second intervals until all melted. Stir until well combined and smooth.
In a large bowl add all your powdered sugar. Using an electric mixer add the melted chocolate mixture to the powdered sugar a little at a time until all incorporated. Then add in the vanilla.
Once everything is combined just use a spoon to stir in the pecans.
Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil or parchment and spray with non-stick spray. Pour all the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Once firm, cut into 1 inch pieces and serve!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES?
- In a medium microwave safe bowl melt together the Velveeta, butter and chocolate in 30 second intervals until all melted. Stir until well combined and smooth.
- In a large bowl add all your powdered sugar.
- Using an electric mixer add the melted chocolate mixture to the powdered sugar a little at a time until all incorporated. Then add in the vanilla.
- Once everything is combined just use a spoon to stir in the pecans.
- Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with foil or parchment and spray the parchment with non-stick spray. Pour all the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Once firm, cut into 1 inch pieces and serve!
- You can use any nuts that you’d like.
- This can be frozen, see my tips above.
- This makes a large batch, you can halve if you like and place in a 9-inch pan.
- Velveeta usually comes in 16 ounce blocks, so you’ll be using 3/4 quarters of that size block.
- Powdered sugar is the same as confectioners sugar.
- Unsweetened chocolate squares (like Baker’s brand) can be found in the baking aisle of your grocery store. They are usually sold in 8 ounce boxes and inside they are individually wrapped in 1 ounce squares so just count out 6 for this recipe.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.