Homemade Beef StroganoffPrint Pin Rate
- 1 12 oz package egg noodles
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil- add noodles and cook according to package directions.
- In a large nonstick skillet melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onion (and sliced mushrooms, if using) and cook until mushrooms are soft and onion is translucent.
- Remove from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add ground beef to skillet.
- Cook and crumble until brown.
- Drain any grease.
- Sprinkle flour over beef, then pour in beef broth.
- Stir and continue to cook until mixture thickens.
- Add the onions and mushrooms back into skillet then gently stir in sour cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer over low heat for another 5 minutes until heated through.