Easy Baked Churros - no oil, no frying and no messy dough and still tastes amazing! A little puff pastry, butter and cinnamon sugar!
EASY BAKED CHURROS
TIPS FOR MAKING BAKED CHURROS:
- The only thing that takes time with this recipe is letting the puff pastry thaw. If you set it out on your counter, it'll take about 35-40 minutes for the pastry to thaw. I think these are best as soon as they are made, but truthfully, I enjoyed them just fine at room temperature the next day. Just be sure you store them in an airtight container.
- This recipe is for one puff pastry sheet. Most boxes of puff pastry come with 2 sheets. Just double this recipe if you are going to make both sheets. Only bake one sheet at a time.
HOW TO MAKE EASY BAKED CHURROS:
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
CREAM PUFF DESSERT
3-INGREDIENT PUFF PASTRY SAUSAGE ROLLS
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN CHURROS RECIPE
CINNAMON ROLL PULL-APART BREAD
EASY SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE BARS
EASY BAKED CHURROS
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (½ stick)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully unfold thawed puff pastry sheet and lay it out on a cutting board or your counter.
- Make a horizontal cut across the puff pastry (using a pizza cutter or sharp knife)
- Then make several vertical cuts into the pastry until you have 1-inch wide strips.
- Carefully place the dough strips onto your parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the churros are baking, start getting your butter and cinnamon sugar ready.
- Melt butter in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine cinnamon sugar.
- Then lay out some parchment paper or wax paper.
- As soon as they come out of the oven you are going to get to work dipping them.
- Dip each baked churro, one at a time, in the melted butter. Coat all the sides.
- Then roll the churro in the cinnamon sugar. Spinning it around so you coat all sides. Continue with this process until all the churros are coated.