Easy Baked Churros require no oil, no frying and no messy dough and still tastes amazing! Puff pastry, butter and cinnamon sugar are all you need!
EASY BAKED CHURROS
TIPS FOR MAKING BAKED CHURROS:
- The only thing that takes time with this recipe is letting the puff pastry thaw. If you set it out on your counter, it'll take about 35-40 minutes for the pastry to thaw. I think these are best as soon as they are made, but truthfully, I enjoyed them just fine at room temperature the next day. Just be sure you store them in an airtight container.
- This recipe is for one puff pastry sheet. Most boxes of puff pastry come with 2 sheets. Just double this recipe if you are going to make both sheets. Only bake one sheet at a time.
- Want a fun air fryer recipe? Check out my AIR FRYER CHURRO BITES!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
HOW TO MAKE EASY BAKED CHURROS:
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
EASY BAKED CHURROS
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (½ stick)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully unfold thawed puff pastry sheet and lay it out on a cutting board or your counter.
- Make a horizontal cut across the puff pastry (using a pizza cutter or sharp knife)
- Then make several vertical cuts into the pastry until you have 1-inch wide strips.
- Carefully place the dough strips onto your parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the churros are baking, start getting your butter and cinnamon sugar ready.
- Melt butter in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine cinnamon sugar.
- Then lay out some parchment paper or wax paper.
- As soon as they come out of the oven you are going to get to work dipping them.
- Dip each baked churro, one at a time, in the melted butter. Coat all the sides.
- Then roll the churro in the cinnamon sugar. Spinning it around so you coat all sides. Continue with this process until all the churros are coated.
Originally published: February 2013
Updated & republished: May 2021