Easy Baked Churros
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 1/4 cup butter 1/2 stick
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully unfold thawed puff pastry sheet and lay it out on a cutting board or your counter.
- Make a horizontal cut across the puff pastry (using a pizza cutter or sharp knife)
- Then make several vertical cuts into the pastry until you have 1-inch wide strips.
- Carefully place the dough strips onto your parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the churros are baking, start getting your butter and cinnamon sugar ready.
- Melt butter in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine cinnamon sugar.
- Then lay out some parchment paper or wax paper.
- As soon as they come out of the oven you are going to get to work dipping them.
Dip each baked churro, one at a time, in the melted butter. Coat all the sides.
Then roll the churro in the cinnamon sugar. Spinning it around so you coat all sides. Continue with this process until all the churros are coated.
This recipe is for one puff pastry sheet. Most boxes of puff pastry come with 2 sheets. Just double this recipe if you are going to make both sheets. Only bake one sheet at a time.