- 3 lbs frozen chicken wings
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bottle spicy BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- hot sauce optional
- Place frozen chicken wings into slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- No other liquid needs to be added.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Chicken will produce a lot of liquid. Drain this liquid and add wings back to the crock pot. Take care when doing this because wings will be very tender.
- In a bowl, combine BBQ sauce with pineapple preserves.
Pour this mixture over the wings. Stir gently to coat wings in sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for another 15-20 minutes.
I used a spicy BBQ sauce but this was not spicy at all. These are great for a crowd, and if you like, you can just leave some hot sauce out on the table for folks to add as they see fit.
Also, if you prefer a "stickier" wing, just place wings on a baking sheet and put under the broiler in your oven for a few minutes.