Pudding Poke Cakes
When I started brainstorming this recipe, I was thinking of all the Pudding Poke Cake recipes I have on here. I am always thinking of poke cakes. There are just so many combinations of cake mix and pudding flavors you can use.
Cherries in the Snow Poke Cake
But when thinking of a “Poke Cake” name for this, I just just kept coming back to Cherries in the Snow. Because that’s what it looked like. It’s a cutesy name, I know. But come on, we all need a little cute in our lives every now and then, right?
Now, I will tell ya, this is also awesome with french vanilla cake and french vanilla pudding. As well as chocolate cake with chocolate pudding. Although, that would be more like Cherries in the Mud. 😉 So here we go, another pudding poke cake for all my fellow poke cake lovers.
1 box white cake mix
(ingredients needed to make cake; egg whites, oil & water)
1 (3.5 oz.) box instant white chocolate pudding
2 cups cold milk (2 % or higher recommended)
1 (8 oz.) tub whipped topping (COOL WHIP), thawed
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 box white cake mix
- (ingredients needed to make cake; egg whites, oil & water)
- 1 3.4 oz box instant white chocolate pudding
- 2 cups cold milk 2 % or higher recommended
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping thawed
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- When cake is finished baking, while still warm, poke holes in cake using the end of a wooden spoon or something of a similar size.
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups of milk with dry instant pudding mix.
- Pour pudding into the holes of the warm cake.
- Spread pudding around and gently press pudding into holes of the cake.
- Now pop the whole cake into the fridge for a couple of hours to finish cooling completely.
- Once cake is completely cooled, start spreading on whipped topping.
- Then dollop the cherry pie filling on top of cake.
The pie filling won't cover every square inch of the cake. You want that white to peep through.
- Slice and serve.
This cake must be kept refrigerated. Cheesecake flavored pudding works really well with this cake as well.