Virginia or Georgia?
Basic Brunswick Stew
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 18 oz bottle barbecue sauce
- 2 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 15 oz cans corn drained well
- 1 15 oz can northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans undrained
- 5 cups beef broth or stock
- In a large pot, brown and crumble ground beef along with diced onions over medium heat.
- While the meat is browning, peel and cube the potatoes.
- Drain and rinse the northern beans.
- Also, drain cans of corn.
- When the ground beef is cooked, drain excess grease.
- Put ground beef back into large pot and start adding all the other ingredients.
- Add in can of crushed tomatoes, pinto beans, drained northern beans and corn.
- Now add 5 cups of beef broth along with diced potatoes and bottle of barbecue sauce.
- Give it all a good stir.
- Now, all you really need to do is get it all warmed up and make sure the potatoes are cooked.
- Cover pot and simmer on medium heat for about 30 minutes (until your potatoes are fork tender).
- Or, you can put all of it in the crock pot to finish cooking and keep warm until you are ready to eat (about 4 hours on the low setting).
Serve with crackers. If you want to use chicken or other white meat with this, just substitute the beef broth with chicken broth.