A deliciously easy dinner recipe, these Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs come together in no time and are juicy and full of immense flavor!
A TASTY LEMON CHICKEN AIR FRYER RECIPE
The air fryer is such a versatile kitchen appliance. It's perfect to make quick meals, frozen foods, etc, and you don't have to heat up your house by turning on the oven! These Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs are one of my latest favorites! Lemon pepper is a flavor that goes so well with chicken. Super easy, affordable, flavorful and oh so tender. If you want a new chicken recipe for your air fryer, then you have to make my Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Thigh recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
While some recipes require preheating, this one does not.
These will be need to cook for about 25 minutes depending on your air fryer. I always use a basket air fryer since it's the one most people own. If you have a flat oven style air fryer, you will need to use your best judgement. The best way to tell is to use an internal kitchen thermometer. When the temperature reaches 165 degrees F, they are done.
No, this recipe does not require any flipping. Just make sure to leave enough room between the chicken thighs so the air can circulate around them. Don't pack them in the basket or they will not brown properly or cook evenly.
Yes. I haven't tested this recipe on chicken breasts so you would have to play it by ear. I would start checking the temperature after 15 minutes. You could also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs rather than the bone-in like I use in this recipe.
For this recipe you do not need to spray your air fryer. Since there is no dry coating, you don't really have to worry about the chicken sticking. However, if you want to use a spray, make sure it is an olive oil spray. Other nonstick sprays can gunk up your air fryer basket.
These can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container where they will keep for up to 5 days. These can be reheated for a few minutes in the air fryer.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- lemon zest
- oil (olive oil or avocado oil)
- lemon juice
- chicken thighs
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN THIGHS:
Mix together the garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, salt, paprika, and lemon zest.
Whisk together oil and lemon juice.
Pour the oil and lemon mixture all over the chicken thighs.
Rub mixture all over chicken thighs covering them well.
Next, pour the spice mixture over the chicken thighs.
Rub the spice mixture on the chicken thighs, again covering them well.
Let chicken rest at room temperature for 10 minutes
Place chicken thighs in the air fryer basket.
Cook at 380°F for 25 minutes or until the chicken's internal temperature is 165°F.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
- 4 cloves garlic minced (4 teaspoons)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, about 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive oil or avocado oil)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 6 chicken thighs (bone-in with skin)
- Mix together the garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, salt, paprika, and lemon zest.
- Whisk together oil and lemon juice.
- Pour the oil and lemon mixture all over the chicken thighs.
- Rub mixture all over chicken thighs covering them well.
- Next, pour the spice mixture over the chicken thighs.
- Rub the spice mixture on the chicken thighs, again covering them well.
- Let chicken rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place chicken thighs in the air fryer basket and cook at 380°F for 25 minutes or until the chicken's internal temperature is 165°F.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices if desired.
- You can easily double this recipe, but you will need to cook in batches.
- To get more flavor rub some of the oil/lemon juice and spice rub under the skin.
- Other chicken can be used, but times will be different.
- Using an internal kitchen thermometer is a great tool to help know when the chicken is done.
- Chicken is done when internal temperature is 165 degrees F.