1/4 teaspoon sugar
Place jalapeno and onion in the food processor.
Process it for a few seconds. .
Add in the rest of the ingredients.
Process all ingredients for just a few more seconds, keeping it slightly chunky (not a puree).
- 1 (15oz.) can tomatoes and green chiles (Rotel)
- 1 (15 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes (don't drain juices)
- ½ jalapeno, cut into chunks
- ½ yellow onion, cut into chunks
- ¾ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- This is easiest in a food processor but you can use a blender too.
- Place jalapeno and onion into food processor.
- Process it for a few seconds.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and process all ingredients for just a few more seconds, keeping it slightly chunky (not a puree).
- Put into a bowl with a lid (I like to use my mason jars) and chill in the fridge for several hours (overnight is even better).