This Tater Tot Enchilada Bake is a family favorite dinner recipe (that isn't spicy hot.) It's like a tater tot taco with simple ingredients!
EASY TATER TOT ENCHILADA BAKE
I will fully admit that when I hear the words "Tater Tot," I'm immediately paying attention. Not sure why the humble tot gets a bad wrap in the food world. I mean, it's just shredded potatoes put into a cute little tube shape. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Nothing weird or strange about that. That's called goodness.
Anyhow, you need to make this Tater Tot Enchilada Bake. It is SO good and I know your family is gonna love it. It is not crazy-spicy. Also, I know some folks have a love/hate with olives. No biggie, just leave them out if you aren't a fan. And if you end up really loving this recipe then you should try my TATER TOT CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- ground beef
- yellow onion
- fajita seasoning
- frozen tater tots
- mild red enchilada sauce
- pepper jack cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced black olives
- sliced green onions, diced tomatoes and sour cream, for topping
HOW TO MAKE TATER TOT ENCHILADA BAKE:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown ground beef along with onion and garlic.
Once browned, drain excess grease then return meat to skillet.
Next, sprinkle on two tablespoons fajita seasoning. That's my baby's hand right there.
Stir well (keep skillet on a medium-low heat.)
Then pour in enchilada sauce.
Add frozen tater tots.
Gently stir until the tater tots are coated with sauce.
Turn off heat. Transfer mixture into a 9"x 13" (ungreased) baking dish. Make sure it is evenly spread out.
Sprinkle cheese all over tater tot mixture. Top with sliced black olives.
Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes. Cheese should be melted and tater tots should be golden brown.
Serve with diced green onions, chopped tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
TATER TOT ENCHILADA BAKE
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 4 cups frozen tater tots about ½ bag
- 1 (10 oz) can mild red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced black olives drained
- sliced green onions, diced tomatoes and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown ground beef along with onion and garlic.
- Once browned, drain excess grease then return meat to skillet.
- Next, sprinkle two tablespoons fajita seasoning onto beef.
- Stir well (keep skillet on a medium-low heat)
- Then pour in enchilada sauce. Stir well. Add frozen tater tots.
- Gently stir until the tater tots are coated with sauce. Turn off heat.
- Transfer mixture into a 9 x 13 (ungreased) baking dish. Make sure it is evenly spread out.
- Sprinkle cheese all over tater tot mixture. Top with sliced black olives.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Cheese should be melted and tater tots should be golden brown.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.