This Slow Cooker Ham is an easy meal that is great for holidays or weeknights. This ham comes out so tender and the tasty glaze makes it over the top delicious!
A CROCK POT BONELESS HAM RECIPE
I love making ham all year long because it makes for a delicious meal but I love having leftovers. There is so much you can make with leftover ham so you really get a lot of bang for your back! As you know, I love using my slow cooker, and this ham cooks perfectly in a crock pot. The glazes uses minimal ingredients and you just throw everything in and it cooks and coats the ham so nicely. If you want a simple recipe that you can use for any occasion, this Slow Cooker Ham is the way to go!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
For this recipe you will want to use a 3-5 pound boneless ham. Hams that you purchase at nearly all grocery stores are precooked (either cured or smoked) so that is what you want to look for. Do not purchase a fresh (uncooked) ham.
Generally the rule of thumb is to portion out about 1/2 pound of ham per person.
When your ham is done cooking and has rested, the internal temperature should be 140 degrees F. You can check this at the thickest portion with a kitchen thermometer.
If you want a more “holiday” flavor to the glaze, you can add a pinch of some cinnamon, clove or nutmeg. If you want to give it a little more “kick” you can add 1/4 teaspoon of chipotle powder, a pinch of cayenne or 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes.
It takes about 3-4 hours on low or until the internal temperature of 140 degrees F is reached. It is not recommended to cook this on high.
Yes. Just make sure it is about the same size.
Yes. However, I think you really lose some of the depth of flavor when you substitute.
This ham can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container where it will keep for up to 4 days. It can also be frozen. Place ham in a freezer-safe container or bag and it will keep for up to 3 months. To defrost, place in the refrigerator overnight. To reheat, you can place the ham back in the slow cooker, the oven or the microwave until heated through.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- boneless ham
- light brown sugar
- dijon mustard
- apple cider vinegar
- garlic powder
- onion powder
HOW TO MAKE A SLOW COOKER HAM:
Spray the inside of a 5-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the ham into the slow cooker.
In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, honey, mustard, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper.
Pour the sauce over the ham. Place the lid on and cook on low for 3-4 hours until an internal temperature reaches 140°F.
Let the ham rest for 15 minutes. Brush the ham with the juices in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Slice and serve with more of the juices on the side.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Slow Cooker Ham
- Spray the inside of a 5-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the 3-5 pound boneless ham into the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ½ cup packed light brown sugar, ¼ cup honey, ¼ cup dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the ham. Place the lid on and cook on low for 3-4 hours until an internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- Let the ham rest for 15 minutes. Brush the ham with the juices in the bottom of the slow cooker, slice, and serve with more of the juices on the side.
- Make sure the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
- This can be frozen, see above on how to do that.
- You will want a 3-5 pound boneless ham. I used a 5 pound ham.
- You want about 1/2 pound of ham per guest.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.