These Easy Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Puffs only need a handful of ingredients. A delicious snack or appetizer full of Italian flavors!
PEPPERONI PIZZA PUFFS
These little Pepperoni Pizza Puffs are so easy to make and you probably already have the ingredients on hand. I suppose you could also call these Pizza Biscuits. As long as you call them good, I don't suppose it really matters what they are named. This is a delicious little snack or appetizer that will only take you minutes to whip up.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS APPETIZER/SNACK:
- You can also spice it up a bit and add in some red pepper flakes.
- You can also add in cooked and crumbled sausage. Or even diced green or red peppers.
- This recipe calls for ½ tbsp. to 1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning. I use a full tablespoon but I have learned since first posting this recipe that not all Italian Seasonings are created equal and some tend to be more stronger in flavor than others. So, please use your judgement on this one and use the amount you think your family can tolerate.
shredded mozzarella cheese
pizza sauce, for dipping
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERONI PIZZA PUFFS:
EASY HOMEMADE PEPPERONI PIZZA PUFFS
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pepperoni, diced
- ½ cup pizza sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray your muffin tins really well using non-stick cooking spray.
- Get the inside and sides of them good so they don't stick.
- Chop up your pepperoni into smaller bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Stir in milk.
- Then stir in beaten egg.
- Add in shredded cheese and diced pepperoni.
- If you want to add a little kick, add in a teaspoon of crushed red pepper (optional).
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins. I like to use a spring-release cookie scoop but spoons work just fine.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes (until golden brown).
If it comes out clean, they are good to go. You may have to take a butter knife and run it around the inside edges of the muffin tins to pop them loose.