20 mason jar lid bands
1 can orange spray paint
4-inch cinnamon sticks
This makes one Mason Jar Lid Pumpkin.
Happy Fall, Y’all!
Mason Jar Lid Pumpkins
- 20 Mason Jar Bands
- 1 can orange spray paint
- orange yarn
- 4- inch Cinnamon Sticks
- Lay out some newspaper or craft paper in a well-ventilated area.
- I did this outside, which really offers the best ventilation, and on a day that is not windy or rainy (obviously).
- Lay out all your mason jar bands onto the paper, making sure several inches separate them.
- Note: if you are sensitive or have respiratory issues, I also recommend wearing a protective mask before spray painting.
- Spray paint the bands well with orange spray paint.
- I spray painted one side first, allowed to dry for a few hours, then I flipped them over and sprayed the other side. Make sure you are spraying the sides well too.
- Allow lids to dry completely overnight.
- Once lids are completely dry, it's time to tie them all together.
- First, make sure all your mason jar bands are facing the same direction.
- *This really is important to get this pumpkin to fan out nicely.*
- Wrap a piece of orange yarn through the bands.
- Then pull as tight as you can.
- You want a really nice, taught string.
- It may help if you have someone helping you on this part.
- Cut off any excess string.
- *This is another important detail to ensure this pumpkin shapes up properly when fanning out the lids.*
- Once you have it tied, it should just be a matter of gently separating the lids
- so they are spaced evenly.
- Pop a few cinnamon sticks in the middle to be the pumpkin stem and you are done!
- It may take 5 or 6 cinnamon sticks per pumpkin you make.
- It just depends on how wide the sticks are.