Lemon Raspberry Poke Cake is made with lemon cake mix, then raspberry jam is poked into the cake and topped with raspberry whipped cream!
A SIMPLY DELIGHTFUL POKE CAKE RECIPE
My poke cake recipes are by far the most popular recipes on my website! So, I try to give y'all what you love and think of new and different poke cakes. I thought I would try a lemon inspired one with jam instead of pudding. It turned out so good! I swirled a bit into the whipped topping - yum!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS POKE CAKE:
You could use blueberry preserves or even strawberry preserves with this!
- Try switching up the combinations of cake flavors and preserve flavors. You can get really creative with this basic recipe!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- lemon cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake mix
- raspberry preserves (or jam)
- frozen whipped topping (COOL WHIP)
HOW TO MAKE LEMON RASPBERRY POKE CAKE:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the warm cake.
In a medium bowl, whisk together ¾ cup preserves with 4 Tablespoons water.
Pour raspberry mixture over cake. Make sure to aim for the holes.
Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Spread whipped topping over cooled cake. Drop remaining ¼ cup preserves by teaspoonfuls over cake, swirling gently into topping.
Slice and serve. Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint (optional.)
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
- LEMON BLUEBERRY POKE CAKE
- SHIRLEY TEMPLE POKE CAKE
- EASY RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE TART
- RASPBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- RASPBERRY HONEY BUTTER
Lemon Raspberry Poke Cake (+Video)
- 15.25 ounce box lemon cake mix
- 1 cup raspberry preserves divided use
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 8 ounce tub frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- fresh raspberries
- fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the warm cake.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ¾ cup preserves with 4 Tablespoons water.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the cake - making sure it gets down into the holes.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Spread whipped topping over cooled cake.
- Drop remaining ¼ cup preserves by teaspoonfuls over cake, swirling gently into topping.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint (optional)
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: July 2017
Updated & republished: April 2021