Lemon Raspberry Poke Cake is made with lemon cake mix, then raspberry jam is poked into the cake and topped with raspberry whipped cream!
A SIMPLY DELIGHTFUL POKE CAKE RECIPE
My poke cake recipes are by far the most popular recipes on my website! So, I try to give y'all what you love and think of new and different poke cakes. I thought I would try a lemon inspired one with jam instead of pudding. It turned out so good! I swirled a bit into the whipped topping - yum!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS POKE CAKE:
You could use blueberry preserves or even strawberry preserves with this!
- Try switching up the combinations of cake flavors and preserve flavors. You can get really creative with this basic recipe!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- lemon cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake mix
- raspberry preserves (or jam)
- frozen whipped topping (COOL WHIP)
HOW TO MAKE LEMON RASPBERRY POKE CAKE:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the warm cake.
In a medium bowl, whisk together ¾ cup preserves with 4 Tablespoons water.
Pour raspberry mixture over cake. Make sure to aim for the holes.
Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Spread whipped topping over cooled cake. Drop remaining ¼ cup preserves by teaspoonfuls over cake, swirling gently into topping.
Slice and serve. Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint (optional.)
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
- LEMON BLUEBERRY POKE CAKE
- SHIRLEY TEMPLE POKE CAKE
- EASY RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE TART
- RASPBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- RASPBERRY HONEY BUTTER
Lemon Raspberry Poke Cake (+Video)
- 15.25 ounce box lemon cake mix
- 1 cup raspberry preserves divided use
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 8 ounce tub frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- fresh raspberries
- fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the warm cake.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ¾ cup preserves with 4 Tablespoons water.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the cake - making sure it gets down into the holes.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Spread whipped topping over cooled cake.
- Drop remaining ¼ cup preserves by teaspoonfuls over cake, swirling gently into topping.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint (optional)
Originally published: July 2017
Updated & republished: April 2021