Lemon Raspberry Poke Cake
Back in 2012, I shared a recipe on here for Banana Pudding Poke Cake (my first attempt at a pudding poke cake was this Oreo Pudding Poke Cake). It was a take on those classic Jello Poke Cakes from the 70's. That recipe took off like a fireball. Pinterest came along and helped it spread to the masses. That particular recipe was copied lots of times. What was really strange is I recently saw it on the cover of the Taste of South magazine. They did a homemade version of it and not my boxed cake version. But I kinda feel like I had a hand in starting the poke cake revival. It's been over 5 years now and you see them (and so many different versions) ALL over the internet now. I know this is braggadocious of me but you saw it here first, folks. 😉
Cake mix and jam
My poke cake recipes are by far the most popular recipes on my website! So, I try to give y'all what you love and think of new and different poke cakes. Seriously, just go up there into my search bar and type 'poke cakes' and you'll find a ton to make for the next two years! Ha! Since I love lemon (and I know quite a few of you do too!) I thought I would try a lemon inspired one with jam instead of pudding. It turned out so good! I swirled a bit into the whipped topping - yum! You could use blueberry preserves or even strawberry preserves with this. It's all good!
1 box lemon cake mix
ingredients needed to make cake mix
1 cup raspberry preserves (or jam), divided use
4 tbsp water
1 (8 oz) tub frozen whipped topping (COOL WHIP), thawed
Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the warm cake.
In a medium bowl, whisk together ¾ cup preserves with 4 tbsp water.
Pour over cake.
Make sure it gets down into the holes.
Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Spread whipped topping over cooled cake.Drop remaining ¼ cup preserves by teaspoonfuls over cake, swirling gently into topping.
Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint (optional)
Tastes like summer!
Lemon Raspberry Poke Cake
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 cup raspberry preserves divided use
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 8 oz tub frozen whipped topping (COOL WHIP), thawed
- Optional toppings:
- fresh raspberries
- fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the warm cake.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ¾ cup preserves with 4 tbsp water.
- Pour over cake - making sure it gets down into the holes.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Spread whipped topping over cooled cake.
- Drop remaining ¼ cup preserves by teaspoonfuls over cake, swirling gently into topping.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint (optional)