No-Bake Apple Yum Yum is an easy four layer dessert of graham crackers, apple pie filling, sweetened cream cheese and whipped topping!
NO BAKE APPLE YUM YUM
CAN I USE COOL WHIP INSTEAD OF A HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM?
Of course! I am making a homemade whipped cream here. You can substitute the heavy whipping cream, 3 tbsp. sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract with one (8 oz.) tub of COOL WHIP, thawed.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
CAN I USE OTHER PIE FILLING FLAVORS BESIDES APPLE?
HOW TO MAKE APPLE YUM YUM:
Spread the rest of the crumbs into a 9×9 baking dish. Push down with your hands to make a flat layer.
In a separate bowl (to make the whipped cream), combine the heavy whipping cream, 3 tbsp. sugar and vanilla extract. Using a stand or electric mixer, whip it until stiff peaks form (using the whisk attachment.) You can skip this if you are using COOL WHIP. This will take a minute or two on a high speed setting.
Originally published: August 2016
Updated & republished: June 2019
NO-BAKE APPLE YUM YUM
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup (+ 3 tbsp.) granulated sugar, divided use
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream 1 pint
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (21 oz) can apple pie filling
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter with graham cracker crumbs.
- Set aside 2 tbsp. of the crumbs (for the topping.)
- Spread the rest of the crumbs into a 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Push down to make a flat layer.
- Next, combine softened cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar with an electric mixer.
- Set this bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl (to make the whipped cream), combine the heavy whipping cream, 3 tbsp. sugar and vanilla extract.
- Using a stand or electric mixer, whip it until stiff peaks form.
- You can skip this if you are using COOL WHIP.
- Combine the cream cheese mixture with the whipped cream, by hand, until combined well.
- Spread half of the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture evenly over crust.
- Open can of apple pie filling.
- Take a knife and slice apples inside the can.
- Go back and forth in a slicing motion to create smaller chunks of apples.
- Evenly spread the apple pie filling over the whipped cream layer.
- Finally, top with the remaining cream cheese/whipped cream mixture.
- Spread evenly.
- Top with reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours (or overnight) before slicing and serving.
- You can substitute the heavy whipping cream, 3 tbsp. sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract with one (8 oz.) tub of COOL WHIP, thawed.
- For a kicked-up cinnamon flavor - add about a teaspoon of cinnamon to the graham cracker crumbs. Alternatively, if you want to purchase graham crackers that are already crushed - just add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the mixture.
CRAVING MORE NO-BAKE DESSERTS? GIVE THESE A TRY!
NO-BAKE CHERRY JELL-O DESSERT
GRANDMA B’S BLUEBERRY CHILL BARS
THE BEST BANOFFEE PIE
NO-BAKE CHERRY YUM YUM
NO-BAKE APPLE PIE
NO-BAKE GRASSHOPPER PIE
CHERRY PIE FLUFF
NO-BAKE GOOEY S’MORES TREATS
CHERRY 7UP FLUFF
CHERRY CHEESECAKE DIP