It’s apple season…but it’s still hot in here
*Cook’s Notes: I am making a homemade whipped cream here. You can substitute the heavy whipping cream, 3 tbsp. sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract with one (8 oz.) tub of COOL WHIP, thawed.
Spread the rest of the crumbs into a 9×9 baking dish. Push down with your hands to make a flat layer.
In a separate bowl (to make the whipped cream), combine the heavy whipping cream, 3 tbsp. sugar and vanilla extract. Using a stand or electric mixer, whip it until stiff peaks form. You can skip this if you are using COOL WHIP. This will take a minute or two on a high speed setting.
No-Bake Apple Yum YumPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp. granulated sugar divided use
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream 1 pint
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 21 oz can apple pie filling
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter with graham cracker crumbs.
- Set aside 2 tbsp. of the crumbs (for the topping.)
- Spread the rest of the crumbs into a 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Push down to make a flat layer.
- Next, combine softened cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar with an electric mixer.
- Set this bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl (to make the whipped cream), combine the heavy whipping cream, 3 tbsp. sugar and vanilla extract.
- Using a stand or electric mixer, whip it until stiff peaks form.
- You can skip this if you are using COOL WHIP.
- Combine the cream cheese mixture with the whipped cream, by hand, until combined well.
- Spread half of the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture evenly over crust.
- Open can of apple pie filling.
- Take a knife and slice apples inside the can.
- Go back and forth in a slicing motion to create smaller chunks of apples.
- Evenly spread the apple pie filling over the whipped cream layer.
- Finally, top with the remaining cream cheese/whipped cream mixture.
- Spread evenly.
- Top with reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours (or overnight) before slicing and serving.