Strawberry Jell-O Poke Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- ingredients required to make cake egg whites, water and oil
- 1 3 oz box strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1 container of whipped white frosting
- Mix cupcakes as directed on the back of the box and bake as directed.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Boil 1 cup water and add jello, stir until completely dissolved.
- Poke holes in cupcakes with fork or toothpick.
- Don't be afraid to pick right down in there several times.
- You want plenty of holes for the jell-o to seep into.
- Using a spoon, pour strawberry gelatin mixture over cupcake.
- Now they need to go into the fridge for about 2-3 hours to set.
- Once set, frost cupcakes using whipped frosting.
- Top it off with fresh, sliced strawberries.
This same recipe can be used to make a 9 x 13 cake. You can use any combination of cake mix or Jell-) flavor you like with these. Orange Jell-o works well with these. Also, for 4th of July celebrations, it might be fun to use a Berry Blue Jell-O.