Elvis Presley CakePrint Pin Rate
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- (ingredients needed to make cake; eggs, oil and water)
- 1 16 oz can crushed pineapple in juice (not heavy syrup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered (confectioners) sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional
- Prepare yellow cake mix according to package directions for a 9 x 13" baking pan.
- While cake is baking, stir together the pineapple and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved (about 2-3 minutes).
- Remove from heat and wait for cake to finish baking.
- Once the cake is finished baking, while still hot, poke holes all over the top with a fork.
- Pour the warm pineapple mixture over the cake.
- Spread out the pineapple mixture so it evenly covers the cake.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Once cake is cooled, it's time to start the frosting!
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter (using an electric or stand mixer) on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add in the confectioner's sugar, beating until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- (remember, if using a stand mixer, to occasionally scrape down the sides)
- Finally, stir in the chopped pecans (if using).
- Drop the frosting by dollops onto the cake.
- Smooth and spread it to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate the cake until fully chilled before serving (2 hours).