These Crescent Pepperoni Roll-Ups are crescent rolls stuffed with mozzarella cheese sticks, pepperoni and topped with garlic butter!
AN EASY SNACK OR APPETIZER
I’m a finger food kinda gal. I’m also a side dish kinda gal. I think that is why I like potlucks so much. You get a little taste of a lot of stuff. And this next recipe packs a lot of yumminess in a small package. Enter the Pepperoni Roll-Up. So incredibly easy to make (even the kids can help!) and so tasty. This one will definitely be made often at my house.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Of course! You can use cooked and crumbled sausage, salami, or even ham! Also, you could add in veggies like green pepper and onions. Lots of ways to change these up. Any flavor of cheese can be used as well.
Yes! It will need to be done in two separate batches though so as not to crowd the air fryer. Follow the directions to prepare the rollups. Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil nonstick spray. Cook at 350F degrees for about 8 minutes. Make sure to check at around the 6 minute mark to see how they are coming along. The top should be a golden brown when done.
You technically could but I wouldn’t recommend it because the texture would be completely different. You could however substitute with pizza dough.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- mozzarella cheese sticks
- salted butter
- Italian seasoning
- garlic salt
- pizza sauce
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERONI ROLL-UPS:
Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray (I just covered mine with some nonstick aluminum foil). Separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Place pepperoni pieces on each triangle. Place a piece of string cheese on the long edge of each triangle. Sprinkle each piece with Italian Seasoning.
Starting with the long edge, roll up dough and tuck in sides. Place seam side down, 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Brush each roll with melted butter (this part isn’t in original recipe but I thought it would help the seasoning stick to the top a bit better and add a bit of flavor too.) Sprinkle tops with Italian Seasoning and a little garlic salt.
Bake at 375F degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with warmed pizza sauce for dipping.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS? HAVE A LOOK AT THESE!
- 8 ounce tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 slices pepperoni, cut in half
- 4 mozzarella cheese sticks, cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons melted salted butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- warmed pizza sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles.
- Place 8 pepperoni slices on each triangle.
- Then place a piece of string cheese on the long edge of each triangle.
- Sprinkle each piece with Italian Seasoning.
- Starting with the long edge, roll up dough and tuck in sides.
- Place seam side down, 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Brush each roll with melted butter.
- Sprinkle tops with Italian Seasoning and a little garlic salt.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- If you want more gooey cheese and pepperoni, try making these with half a stick of mozzarella (instead of just a quartered piece) and add another slice or two of pepperoni to each one.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: April 2013
Updated & republished: June 2019
Edited to add: The original post had a book giveaway. That giveaway has now ended.