This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Reames® Egg Noodles. The opinions and text are all mine.
Whenever I think of noodle casserole, I think comfort food. For me, I like a hearty and creamy casserole with either chicken or beef. I want to make it a whole meal in one! I also like to make enough so that I have leftovers for a couple of days. To me, there’s nothing better on a cold winter’s day than reheating some leftover chicken noodle casserole or Chicken Noodle Stew and warming up from the inside out!
Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole
What really makes this dish stand out are the Reames® Egg Noodles. This casserole will taste like it took tons of effort to make, when really it couldn’t be easier! I think because so many of us grew up on the dry, thin egg noodles that we just don’t realize there is an alternative unless we take the time and effort to make them from scratch ourselves. But that isn’t necessary because we can just purchase Reames® Egg Noodles! They have a better texture and taste than the dry noodles most of us are used to. Reames® Frozen Egg Noodles have only three simple ingredients that are just like you made them from scratch! Eggs, flour and water – that’s it! Reames® noodles are made fresh, then they are immediately frozen to lock in that hearty, chewy taste and texture that stands up to soups and stews. They taste like Mom made them just for you!
Now, because we are dealing with real egg noodles here, we need to add plenty of sauce to our casserole. Even after pre-cooking the noodles, they will continue to soak up the flavor of whatever they are cooked with. That really is the beauty of Reames® egg noodles and what makes them so much more special than the dried kind. Now, let’s get to this recipe! Pssst: Don’t forget to scroll all the way down to the end of this post to enter the $50 Visa Gift Card Giveaway!
1 (24 oz) bag Reames® frozen egg noodles
2 (14.5 oz) jars basil alfredo sauce
2 cups milk
3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
2 cups crushed garlic-flavored croutonsmilk and croutons not pictured
Boil Reames® frozen egg noodles in a large pot according to package directions. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350f degrees.
Drain well. Turn heat off and place noodles back into pot. Stir in basil alfredo sauce, milk, chicken and garlic. Stir well.
Pour noodle mixture into ungreased 9×13 baking dish. Crush croutons.
Sprinkle crushed croutons on top of casserole.
Cover casserole with aluminum foil and bake at 350f degrees for 20 minutes.
Then carefully remove foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes (until crouton topping is golden brown).
Creamy Italian Chicken Noodle CasserolePrint Pin Rate
- 1 24 oz bag Reames® frozen egg noodles
- 2 14.5 oz jars basil alfredo sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups crushed garlic-flavored croutons
- Boil Reames® frozen egg noodles in a large pot according to package directions. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Drain well. Turn heat off and place noodles back into pot.Stir in basil alfredo sauce, milk, chicken and garlic. Stir well.
- Pour noodle mixture into uncreased 9x13 baking dish. Crush croutons.
- Sprinkle crushed croutons on top of casserole.
- Cover casserole with aluminum foil and bake at 350f degrees for 20 minutes.
- Then carefully remove foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes (until crouton topping is golden brown).
- Serve with a salad!