Wait. Wait. Wait. Before you stop reading – hear me out. I know y’all probably have a gazillion (yes, I said a gazillion) recipes for chocolate chip cookies. I know you do. I know I do too. Who doesn’t love a warm, soft chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven with a glass of super cold milk? Okay wait. I need to confess something at this point. I don’t really drink milk. Say what? It’s a dirty little secret of mine. The only time I drink milk is when it is leftover from the cereal I just ate.
Classic Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 sticks cold and cubed unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle, cream together butter and sugars until well blended and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mix in vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips/chunks and nuts.
- I ended up using a combination of mini chocolate chips and regular chocolate chips because I had some bags left over from Christmas baking and I needed to use them. Worked great!
- Transfer dough to clean work surface and gently mix dough by hand to ensure even distribution of ingredients.
- Scoop dough (about a tablespoon each) onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- I used one of those spring release cookie scoopers - makes it so much easier.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 10-12 minutes, depending on how gooey and rawish you like the interior, until very lightly browned, taking care not to overbake.
- I had my rack in the upper half of my oven and it took about 10 minutes.
- Only bake one sheet pan at a time.
- Also, in between cookie batches, I kept my bowl of dough in the fridge to keep it cool.
- Let cookies cool on rack and store what you don’t immediately eat in an airtight container.