I’m lazy. That’s the truth.
I believe I have mentioned in previous posts that I’m somewhat of a lazy baker. I enjoy baked goods, I really do. Who doesn’t? But often I am so tired after all the grocery shopping, preparing breakfast and lunches and then cooking dinner and washing up that by the time dessert comes around, I am plum tired. Not to mention all the other things that go into running the house in addition to my job outside of the home. It’s exhausting being a grown up, ain’t it?
Easy Peasy. Lemon Squeezy.
So I am always looking for ways to make my favorite desserts a little faster. I have a ‘from-scratch’ recipe for this that I really enjoy. But I don’t make it that often because it takes more time and energy than I sometimes have.
So this quicker recipe is my solution and yes, it starts off with a boxed cake mix. I think a country song needs to be made up about boxed cake mixes. Anyone out there got a steel guitar I can borrow?
Cake Mix Blondies with Maple Butter Sauce
- FOR THE BLONDIES:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9 x 13 with nonstick cooking spray (I like the kind that has flour in it).
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and melted butter until combined. Batter will be very thick.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and walnuts (if using).
- Spread mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
- For the Sauce: In a small bowl, using a whisk, combine sweetened condensed milk with melted butter and maple syrup. Stir well.
- If you want to serve this sauce warm, just pop bowl into microwave and nuke it for a few seconds until warm.
You can use any type of chocolate pieces you like with this.