California Pizza Kitchen
I first enjoyed this pizza many moons ago when my husband and I went to California Pizza Kitchen for the first time. We were told it was the signature dish at CPK and we had to try it. Before then, pizzas only had so many options. You could get your pepperoni or sausage and optional veggies but there wasn’t a whole lot of new and different choices (not near us anyway). And we were fine with that. In fact, nothing makes me happier than a good ole pepperoni pizza with an ice cold glass of Coca Cola.
BBQ Chicken Pizza? Ok
But then a little pizza revolution happened. And suddenly we were trying pizzas with ham and pineapple. And we were loving it. Then we went to California Pizza Kitchen and had a pizza with BBQ sauce and chicken. And they were mouth-wateringly good. And then we were eating dessert pizzas with apple pie toppings. And we were hooked. A whole new pizza world was open, and we stepped inside and liked what we saw. We will always be faithful to our beloved pepperoni and sausage, but sometimes, we like to bring new friends to the pizza party. \And this friend is BBQ Chicken. If you are a BBQ chicken lover like my hubby, then chances are, this is the pizza for you.
Tip: Add the ranch dressing
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough or make your own
- 1/2-1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 cups grilled chicken cubed
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red onion diced (optional)
- ranch dressing to taste
Preheat oven to 425f degrees.
- If using a refrigerated pizza dough, follow the directions on the back of the tube for the oven temperature and how long to cook your pizza.
- My homemade pizza dough recipe makes a large 16" pizza and the oven needs to be preheated to 425F degrees.
- Spray your pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Then spread out the pizza dough.
Now spread on the BBQ sauce.
Add on crumbled bacon, chopped grilled chicken breasts and diced red onion (if using)
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on top.
- Bake in the oven according to refrigerated pizza directions (basically until crust is golden and cheese is melted and bubbly).
- For my homemade pizza dough, you'll need to bake it for about 15-17 minutes at 425F degrees.
Lightly drizzle a little ranch dressing on top.
- Slice and serve.