This Copycat California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe is a family favorite that whips up fast. Drizzle with a little ranch dressing!
CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN COPYCAT RECIPE
I first enjoyed this pizza many moons ago when my husband and I went to California Pizza Kitchen for the first time. We were told it was the signature dish at CPK and we had to try it. Before then, pizzas only had so many options. You could get your pepperoni or sausage and optional veggies but there wasn't a whole lot of new and different choices (not near us anyway). And we were fine with that. In fact, nothing makes me happier than a good ole pepperoni pizza with an ice cold glass of Coca Cola.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA:
- I'm using MY HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH here but when I don't have a lot of time or energy to make dough from scratch, I just go with the refrigerated pizza dough.
- Also, I'm using the prepackaged grilled chicken breasts here as well as the fully cooked bacon to cut down on the number of dirty dishes. But feel free to switch it up as much as you like.
- Definitely drizzle or dip this pizza into ranch dressing. You won't regret it!
- Keep in my mind, when making pizzas, it's all about your tastebuds. This isn't an exact recipe. You can change it all up however you like by adding your own touches to it. Or maybe you want to add more chicken or more cheese, whatever works for you.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN COPYCAT PIZZA:
CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough or make your own
- ½-1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 cups grilled chicken cubed
- ½ pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ red onion diced (optional)
- ranch dressing to taste
- Preheat oven to 425f degrees.
- If using a refrigerated pizza dough, follow the directions on the back of the tube for the oven temperature and how long to cook your pizza.
- My homemade pizza dough recipe makes a large 16" pizza and the oven needs to be preheated to 425F degrees.
- Spray your pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Then spread out the pizza dough.
- Now spread on the BBQ sauce.
- Add on crumbled bacon, chopped grilled chicken breasts and diced red onion (if using)
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on top.
- Bake in the oven according to refrigerated pizza directions (basically until crust is golden and cheese is melted and bubbly).
- For my homemade pizza dough, you'll need to bake it for about 15-17 minutes at 425F degrees.
- Lightly drizzle a little ranch dressing on top.
- Slice and serve.