I’ve got a really fun and easy recipe for ya today. I just love recipes like this because they are easy to play around with but are perfect for busy evenings. This recipe can definitely be tailored to your family’s tastebuds. If you don’t have or want to use ground beef in this, you can use ground turkey or ground chicken. Shredded chicken would also be wonderful. Or, if you don’t like the idea of BBQ sauce, why not make these into Sloppy Joe or Taco Cups. Instead of BBQ Sauce, try using a can of sloppy joe or a packet of taco seasoning (just follow directions on the back of the packet). Lots of options here. But it sure is tasty and filling!
1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tbsp. dry minced onion
1 (12oz.) tube refrigerated biscuits (see notes below)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a large pan, brown and crumble ground beef. Turn off heat.
Drain excess grease.
Put beef back in pan and add in BBQ sauce and dried minced onion.
Separate biscuits and place into greased muffin tins. Press dough up and along sides of muffin tins.
Divide meat mixture between muffins (you may have just a small amount leftover).
Sprinkle each one with shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Serve with a fresh garden salad or fries.
Cook’s Notes: Make sure you are purchasing the regular-sized biscuits. There should be 10 biscuits per tube. Don’t use the larger Grands biscuits with these unless you are planning on cutting them in half before using.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out the Mini Chicken Pot Pies
BBQ Biscuit Cups
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp . dry minced onion
- 1 oz tube refrigerated biscuits 12 .
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large pan, brown and crumble ground beef.
- Turn off heat and drain excess grease from ground beef.
- Put ground beef back in pan and add in BBQ sauce and dried minced onion.
- Stir well.
- Separate biscuits and place into greased muffin tins.
- Press dough up and along the sides.
- Divide meat mixture between muffins (you may have just a small amount leftover).
- Sprinkle each one with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.