Cook’s Notes: Instead of the canned diced potatoes, you can peel and dice one large potato to substitute. Also, if you aren’t a fan of sausage, just substitute with ground beef or ground turkey.
Sausage & Corn Chowder
- 1 pound sausage roll (sage original or spicy)
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 oz can diced potatoes drained, 15 .
- 2 tbsp . all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 oz cans sweet cream style corn 15 .
- 1/4 tsp . garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 green onion sliced (optional, for topping)
- Over medium-high heat, brown and crumble sausage along with diced onions in a stock pot.
- Cook until sausage is no longer pink.
- Drain excess grease.
- Add meat back to pot and stir in flour.
- Stir well, cook for a couple of minutes.
- Then pour in milk and stir well. Keep heat on medium high.
- Add cans of cream corn and diced potatoes.
- Stir well and simmer (don't boil, just a gentle simmer) for about 20-25 minutes until mixture thickens. Add garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste.
- It's really important that you taste it at this point.
- I always finds it needs a bit of salt for my tastes.
- Cover and bring down temperature down to low until ready to serve.