The name ain’t pretty…
…but the taste is awesome
But I also really enjoy the process of cooking and baking. And I like when I can still manage to make dinner and dessert. Now that fall is here, I thought it was time to break out an old favorite. Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake. All the flavors and texture of pumpkin pie topped with a sweet and slightly crunchy topping.
Pour this mixture into a baking dish.
Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture.
Now take melted butter and drizzle all over the top.
- 1 can (15 0z.) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon until well-combined.
- It will be very liquid-y.
- Pour this pumpkin mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake for about 55-60 minutes.
- It might still be just a bit jiggly in the middle when done.
- It will continue to set up as it cools.
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.