1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ground thyme
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
1 (32 oz.) box chicken broth
2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
2 cups broken lasagna noodles
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground thyme
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 (32 oz.) box chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups broken lasagna noodles
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large pot, brown and crumble ground beef along with the onion and bell pepper.
- Add in garlic during the last couple of minutes of cooking so it doesn't burn.
- Drain excess grease from the ground beef mixture.
- Put ground beef back into the pot.
- Stir in thyme, Italian seasoning, salt, brown sugar, chicken broth, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir well and bring mixture up to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and gently simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Then add in broken lasagna noodles.
- You'll need about 6 whole lasagna noodles to make about 2 cups broken.
- Simmer until noodles are tender (about 10 or so minutes).
- Then stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Ladle soup into bowls.