The Ultimate Comfort Soup
Brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease and set aside. Combine first 8 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. Stir in beef and 2 cups of milk.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour and remaining 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Gradually whisk into soup.
Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly (so mixture does not burn.) Reduce heat; add cheese and stir until completely melted. Garnish with bacon.
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules about 4 cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef browned and drained
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 oz Velveeta cubed
- lb Optional Garnish: 1/2 lb bacon crisply cooked and crumbled