This delicious chocolate fudge zucchini brownies recipe is not only simple to make but it is dairy-free and can easily be made gluten-free!
THE BEST ZUCCHINI BROWNIES
Do you have zucchini popping up in your garden right now? Need some recipes for all that delicious squash? I got you covered! This is a fun way to add nutrition and veggies into a delicious dessert!
DO YOU TASTE THE ZUCCHINI IN THESE BROWNIES?
Actually no. The zucchini adds nutrition and lots of moistness to the brownies without adding to their flavor.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE ZUCCHINI BROWNIES:
- Butter may be used in place of oil, but it will no longer be dairy free.
- Whole wheat or a 1:1 gluten free flour may be used instead of all-purpose without any additional changes to the recipe.
- Sugar may be reduced to ½ cup or increase to ¾ cup if you prefer your brownies more or less sweet. And more or less would heavily impact the texture of the brownies.
- You may use a greased pan instead of lining it with parchment paper, but parchment makes it much easier to remove from the pan.
- Top with chocolate frosting, chocolate ganache, or leave plain.
- You can add up to ½ cup of nuts to the batter before baking or sprinkle on top.
- These brownies stay pretty moist but should still be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
unsweetened cocoa powder
mini chocolate chips
chocolate frosting (optional)
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST ZUCCHINI BROWNIES:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. Add the diced zucchini, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
THE BEST ZUCCHINI BROWNIES
- 1 ½ cups diced zucchini
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- chocolate frosting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the diced zucchini, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl.In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt - add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about an hour then top with frosting (if using.) Slice and serve.