A fun copycat breakfast recipe these Starbuck's Egg Bites are full of flavor, quick to whip up and a delicious hand held meal.
A TASTY COPYCAT RECIPE
I enjoy eggs of all sorts, scrambled, over easy, poached and more. These Starbuck's Egg Bites have always been one of my favorite menu items besides their coffee. But you know me, if I can make something at home and not have to spend the money on it, I'm going to give it a try! These egg bites have tasty and easy-to-find ingredients and are perfect to make in batches to freeze for later. If you love Starbuck's breakfast bites as much as I do, but want to save some money, then you need to make my copycat version of this Starbuck's Egg Bite recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
They’re very similar to a frittata or an omelet, but in a muffin shape.
Absolutely! I frequently make these with chopped ham and breakfast sausage as well. Also, you can make these vegetarian and maybe throw in some spinach and tomatoes.
For the authentic Starbucks taste you would want to use gruyere cheese. But if you are not a fan of gruyere, you can use any of your favorite cheeses.
They can be eaten both ways. I prefer them warm. However, I do end up eating them cold too when I take them to work for my lunch or a snack.
Tomatoes, feta, basil, spinach, ham, jalapeno, onions and more. Just use what you think would taste great together and have fun with it. You can make several different versions.
After the muffins have cooled completely they should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container lined with paper towels for up to 4 days. These can also be frozen. Let the cool completely then line a freezer-safe ziptop bag with paper towels and place enough in there so not to over crowd. They’ll be good for up to 6 months in the freezer.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- unsalted butter
- gruyere cheese
- creole seasoning
HOW TO MAKE STARBUCK'S EGG BITES:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large skillet cook the bacon until almost crispy. Remove and drain on a paper towel. After the bacon has cooled enough to handle, chop into small pieces. Don't toss the bacon grease - just set the pan to the side for now.
Shred the cheese and chop up the chives and shallot.
In a large mixing bowl crack all the eggs. Yes, there really are 18 eggs for this recipe! Whisk the eggs really well.
Add the melted butter, chives, cheese and seasoning into the egg mixture and whisk well.
Using a pastry brush, brush some of the remaining bacon grease into a 12 cup muffin pan.
Spoon the egg mixture, stirring in between to keep even, into the muffin pan. Each cup should only be filled about ¾ full since the egg mixture will rise a bit.
Evenly add a pinch of bacon pieces into each cup. It’ll be about ½ Tablespoon per muffin. Use a fork and move the bacon around evenly in each cup to incorporate it a bit more.
Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown on the edges. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Starbuck's Egg Bites
- 18 large eggs
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and chopped (keep bacon grease)
- 4 Tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ⅓ cup minced shallots,
- 3 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 6 ounces gruyere Cheese, finely grated (about ¾ cup)
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl crack all the eggs. Whisk the eggs together until fully combined
- Stir in the melted butter, shallots, chives, cheese and seasoning until combined well.
- Using a pastry brush, brush some of the remaining bacon grease into a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Spoon the egg mixture, stirring in between to keep even, into the muffin pan. Each cup should only be filled about ¾ full as the egg mixture will rise.
- Evenly add a pinch of bacon pieces into each cup. It’ll be about ½ Tablespoon per muffin. Use a fork and move the bacon around evenly in each cup to gently combine.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown on the edges.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
- You can use alternative mix-ins, see my tips above.
- These can be enjoyed cooled or warm.
- These can be frozen, see my tips above.
- Use your favorite cheeses. We use gruyere to keep it more like Starbuck's.
- Finely chopped sweet onion can be substituted for the shallots but the shallots really give this amazing flavor.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.