These Sheet Pan Beef Quesadillas are an easy and time-saving ground beef dinner recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
A FUN QUESADILLA RECIPE
This Sheet Pan Beef Quesadilla recipe takes all the work out of making a bunch of individual quesadillas! All made in one pan and cut to size. You have yourself the perfect hand held dinner or appetizer recipe that are always a hit! We make these quite often because they are just so darn easy and it makes enough to feed our entire family. If you want a new Taco Tuesday recipe, then I highly encourage you to make this Sheet Pan Beef Quesadilla recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
When cheese is going to be a huge player in any recipe, I really prefer block cheese that I can shred since I find that it melts so much better. We use mozzarella and cheddar for this, but feel free to use any of your favorite cheeses that melt well! If you really want a good Mexican cheese, then try Queso Asadero. It is a perfect melting cheese for quesadillas.
Absolutely! Remove the individual seasonings I use in this recipe and use one taco seasoning packet (just follow the directions on the back of the packet). Or you can use my Homemade Taco Seasoning recipe.
I usually like to use a lean ground beef so I don't have any fat to drain off. But use what works for you. Lean ground beef can be pricey. If you use a higher fat meat, it's no problem. Just drain off the excess grease before continuing with the recipe. You also can use my Crock Pot Taco Meat recipe for this as well.
You'll want the taco-sized tortillas that measure anywhere from 7-8 inches. You could also use burrito-sized tortillas. You would just use 8 of those rather than the 10 used here.
These can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container where they will keep for up to 3-4 days. They can also be frozen. Place in a freeze bag or container and they will keep for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F or on the stovetop or in an air fryer until heated through.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- taco size flour tortillas
- mozzarella cheese
- cheddar cheese
- ground beef
- salt and pepper
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- red onion
- bell peppers
HOW TO MAKE SHEET PAN BEEF QUESADILLAS:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cook, crumble and brown the ground beef along with the salt, pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Butter a cookie sheet, place tortillas on the cookie sheet (2 at the end and 6 around the edges).
Looking at the 2 tortillas at the end, imagine a rectangle and spread the cooked beef in an even layer down the middle. Sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese over the meat. In a pan (I used the same pan I cooked the meat with) warm up the diced onions and the diced bell peppers for about 4 minutes over medium heat. Spread the onion/pepper mixture over the cheese.
Evenly sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the onions and peppers.
Butter the 2 remaining tortillas with the 2 tablespoons of butter and place over the cheese to cover all.
Fold the side tortillas over the buttered tortillas. Press gently. The butter will act as the glue. Finish by folding the end tortillas and gently press. Brush more butter on top, optional.
Cook in the preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes until nice and golden.
Slice, serve and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Sheet Pan Beef Quesadillas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup finely diced red onion
- ⅔ cup diced bell peppers I used a combination of yellow and red peppers.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 10 taco size flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook, crumble and brown lean ground beef along with the salt, pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
- Butter a cookie sheet, place tortillas on the cookie sheet (2 at the end and 6 around the edges)
- Looking at the 2 tortillas at the end, imagine a rectangle and spread the cooked ground beef in an even layer down the middle.
- Sprinkle cup of mozzarella cheese over the meat layer
- In a pan (I used the same pan I cooked the meat with) warm up the diced onions and diced bell peppers for 4 minutes over medium heat. Spread the onion/pepper mixture over the cheese.
- Evenly sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the onions and peppers layer.
- Butter the 2 remaining tortillas with the 2 tablespoons of butter and place over the cheese to cover the center (butter side up.)
- Fold the side tortillas over the buttered tortillas. Press gently. The butter will act as the glue.
- Finish by folding the end tortillas and gently press. You can spread more butter on the rest of the tortillas if you prefer.
- Optional: if you find the tortillas keep popping up, you can place another cooking sheet on top while it bakes to keep it pressed down.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Slice and enjoy with your favorite toppings (sour cream, salsa, jalapeños, diced tomatoes, etc.)
- If you want the peppers and onions to be softer, just cook them along with the ground beef rather than separately like in Step 6.
- Any shredded cheese you like will work. A Mexican shredded cheese blend is also delicious.
- These can be frozen, see my tips above.
- Feel free to use any color bell peppers you like.