What goes together better than pizza and breadsticks? How about combining the two and making these Pizza Roll Breadsticks? Easy, cheesy and delicious!
PIZZA AND BREADSTICKS COMBINED
Pizza is and always has been one of my favorite foods. I could eat it pretty much everyday and never complain. It is one of those go-to foods when you aren't sure what to eat as well. You can never go wrong with pizza. I love cheese breadsticks with my pizza with some of those little containers of garlic sauce to dip them in. You know what I'm talking about! I was just trying to make a snack and this is what I made from what was in my fridge. I basically thought of that combo of pizza, breadsticks and garlic sauce and boom: Pizza Roll Breadsticks. This is one of those recipes that isn't really a recipe. It's more of a concept but one you can have a lot of fun with. Perfect for kids or adults!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
If you prefer to make your own homemade dough you can absolutely do that or you can use my Homemade Pizza Dough recipe as well.
Just like the pizza dough if you love making homemade and have a recipe for one, go for it. But you know I got you covered with my Homemade Marinara Sauce recipe. Also, you can use pizza sauce instead of marinara sauce for dipping. It will just be thicker and have a slightly more intense flavor than marinara.
I like to use regular mozzarella for this but you can use any various kind that you like. Cheddar can take a bit longer to melt. This is to fit your taste and if you are not a mozzarella fan you can use any cheese. The string cheese melts well in these so we stick with those.
Yes you certainly could. I would probably air fry them at 370F degrees for about 8 minutes (just keep a close eye on them).
Yes. You can freeze them before baking so they are ready to pop in the oven when you are ready eat (obviously they will take longer to bake since they are being cooked from frozen so keep that in mind). You can also freeze after they have been cooked so all you have to do is reheat.
These can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up too 3-4 days. To reheat just place in the microwave for a minute or so until heated through and cheese is melted.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- prepared pizza dough
- pepperoni slices
- mozzarella cheese sticks
- salted butter
- dried Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- marinara or pizza sauce, for serving
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERONI ROLL BREADSTICKS:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Unroll the pizza dough onto a flat surface. Slice into 9 rectangles (it's okay if they're not perfect as you can see from my photo below - pizza dough is stretchy and very forgiving). Place the rectangles onto the baking sheet.
Add 3-4 slices of pepperoni per rectangle.
Place a single mozzarella stick on the center of each rectangle.
Roll the dough up and pinch the ends to seal the pepperoni and mozzarella inside. Make sure all seams are sealed to prevent the cheese from oozing out during baking.
Mix together the melted butter, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and parmesan in a small bowl and brush the mixture across the tops of each breadstick. Note: you can do this before OR after or before AND after. I personally love a lot of garlic butter so I do it before and after but this is a personal preference.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the dough is cooked through and lightly golden brown.
Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving alongside marinara or pizza sauce. Enjoy!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Pizza Roll Breadsticks
- 1 (13.8 oz) package refrigerated pizza dough
- 36 pepperoni slices
- 9 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 2 tablespoons salted butter melted
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons shredded or grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- warmed marinara or pizza sauce for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll the prepared pizza dough on a flat surface. Slice into 9 rectangles. Place the rectangles onto the baking sheet.
- Add 3-4 slices of pepperoni per rectangle.
- Place a single mozzarella stick on the center of each rectangle.
- Roll the dough up and pinch the ends to seal the pepperoni and mozzarella inside. Make sure all seams are sealed to prevent the cheese from oozing out during baking.
- Mix together the melted butter, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and parmesan cheese in a small bowl and brush the mixture across the tops of each breadstick. Note: you can do this before OR after or before AND after baking. I personally love a lot of garlic butter so I will often double the garlic butter and do it before and after baking.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the dough is cooked through and lightly golden brown. Serve with warmed marinara or pizza sauce.
- You can make your own homemade pizza dough and marinara sauce if you'd like.
- The marinara sauce is not calculated in nutritional value.
- These can be frozen (see my tips above).